GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched all over this site for info on this shifter and find it very limited. In fact i have searched the web and can,t find anyone who even sells it. Anyone got any info on this product? Good,bad, or whatever?Lot of info for the Rattlebars shifter. In fact they kinda look like they might be related??? :?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Also found it on several other sites. Wingstuff.com is just one.

Hal has a good/better price than most other dealers.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
KJ5IX said:
Just the $100.00+ difference is enough to give it a try, and I bet it comes assembled with out extra cost.
That is true. I'm just wondering if there is anything to assemble.

Does it have the brass bushing and oil seals like Rattlebar's, or does it just "Bolt On" using a plain old drilled out hole :?:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KJ5IX said:
Just the $100.00+ difference is enough to give it a try, and I bet it comes assembled with out extra cost.
Well George, that is the one and i just got one off ebay. I was hoping for a review from someone who may have owned one. Guess i can be the reviewer now,huh! And i'm with ya on savin that hunerd dollar bill. If it ain't no good, i'll just make it an expensive twin wind chime hanger instead of it's intended purpose of cheap heel toe shifter :lol: :lol: Thanks for your input and will follow up. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the add on heel toe shifter. I also got mine off ebay and have had to about 7 or 8 months. It works nicely, occasionally need to lube it to keep it from sticking. For the $50, it does the job. Chrome on it has started peeling which is a none issue to me. Actually, if I can get the time, I may even remove it long enough to remove the rest of the chrome and paint it black. I am sure there are others out there that are higher quality, but given the price I paid, I am definitely not dissatisfied with it.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
JW

Looking forward to the review. I looked at it myself but, have a proto in the making for some what of a forward shifting, I have a Trike and like the idea of shifting with feet up a little, and with a Trike don't have to worry about the ground clearance in a turn as it remains the same.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KJ5IX said:
JW

Looking forward to the review. I looked at it myself but, have a proto in the making for some what of a forward shifting, I have a Trike and like the idea of shifting with feet up a little, and with a Trike don't have to worry about the ground clearance in a turn as it remains the same.
Ok George. The fit and finish is about as good as it can get. Chrome is beautiful. It does have a brass bushing and and o-rings. This is good but will be an additional maintenance item to replace o-rings and lube. Not a big deal as i took it apart (does come assembled all except pegs) just because i could. Just a bushing and o-rings. I would bet you could find them pretty easy. It was supplied with what looked like two of the new Kuryakyn short, three ring, pegs. Their worth $25.00 bucks. They install with a chrome washer and chrome nylon locknut to a bolt that passes through peg and threads into the shift arm. About as secure as you can get. What i found nice, you could tighten the peg down solid or leave it to spin with the nylon lock nut. I prefer it to spin and have that loose action. The rubber rings do spin fairly loosely if you do tighten them down. I have one inch of stock shifter protruding from the front of Add On shifter. When installed, the front peg extends 1 1/4 inch farther out than stock shifter. Is this a problem? I don't know! It was mentioned that it might be. My answer to that would be, if your not comfy, don't put the peg on and use the stock peg. You could actually find or make a peg that would be of equal length of the stock. About the only other thing i could continue to be windy about is the fact that i wear a size 9 Frankenstien Harley riding boot. If your over a size 10, it probably isn't gonna work for you unless do not install the front peg. The competition dosen't even recommend you use the front peg. All in all, without even taking a ride yet, i find it to be a quality product and one i recommend if your looking for a Heel/Toe shifter. :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pshivers said:
KJ5IX said:
That is true. I'm just wondering if there is anything to assemble.

Does it have the brass bushing and oil seals like Rattlebar's, or does it just "Bolt On" using a plain old drilled out hole :?:
Nothing to assemble other than screwing the pegs in and putting the washer an lock nut on. It does have a brass bushing and o-rings. It's quite nice. :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FishHook said:
I have the add on heel toe shifter. I also got mine off ebay and have had to about 7 or 8 months. It works nicely, occasionally need to lube it to keep it from sticking. For the $50, it does the job. Chrome on it has started peeling which is a none issue to me. Actually, if I can get the time, I may even remove it long enough to remove the rest of the chrome and paint it black. I am sure there are others out there that are higher quality, but given the price I paid, I am definitely not dissatisfied with it.
What would you guess? Tripple chrome or not?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.