GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are considering adding chrome pivot covers to your bike....let me tell you about my recent experience.

I purchased a set of Add-On Accessories brand of chrome pivot covers, part #45-1606. While removing from the shrink wrap style packaging, the plastic wrap stuck so hard to the parts, it peeled the chrome off the edge of the covers. I sent these back for a replacement from the seller. He quickly sent me a new set and they did the same thing. :(

I sent the second set back and the seller said he would open a pack, inspect the covers, and ship to me. The seller said he opened all the packs he had and the same thing happened to him. He has notified the manufacturer and they are sending him a set out of the packaging to send to me. I feel the packaging process may be the probem.

I am not saying Add-On Accessories are bad. I have serveral items from them and quality has been good. Might just be a problem with a certain batch, but just somthing to consider... might save yourself some time and hassle. :wink:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I really hate all shrink wrapped packages. It's easy for the mfr. to do, but sure makes it hard to get anything out of them, let alone the problem that you had. I've gotten to be pretty adept with a razor knife.

·
Registered
300 Posts
shrink wrap

i have fonud that when the shrink wrap does not want to come off i use a hair dryer to warm them up a bit then take the wrap off..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, I had the same problem, but I was somehow able to get the wrapping off without damage to the covers. It took about an hour and my fingers were sore from picking at it :evil: . Used a hair dryer and alot of f%*< :!: words. I will never buy any more "Add-On" brand stuff.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Add-On

After 30 minutes working on the first pack, I tried to warm it up a bit with a heat gun also. It still did not make much of a difference. :oops:

Second pack was much easier to get out, but that last little bit on the edge is when the chrome pulls off.

:cus:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Add-On

After 30 minutes working on the first pack, I tried to warm it up a bit with a heat gun also. It still did not make much of a difference. :oops:

Second pack was much easier to get out, but that last little bit on the edge is when the chrome pulls off.

:cus:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Repeats

Everytime after I make a post, I try and return to the main page with the browser back button. When I do this it reposts my message a second time. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? :shock:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: Repeats

brian9650 said:
Everytime after I make a post, I try and return to the main page with the browser back button. When I do this it reposts my message a second time. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? :shock:
Just give it time to post and appear on the board, :yes2: then strike your green back arrow head whatever number of times it takes and give it time. :yes:

:eek:ops2: :rw1: :s27:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have learned my lesson too. Add On does not exist as far as I am concerned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts