GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body installed the new Add on trailer hitch? How much trouble was it to install, any problems? It looks like the older Dauntless hitch. I don't want a Bushtec so please no comments about them. Thanks
:lol: Wiz

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trailer hitch

Hey Rocket Wing I guess you and I are the only ones around here pulling a trailer. After I get mine installed I will let you know who hard or easy is was. Please do the same. I think we ask too hard of a question. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I put the Dauntless Hitch on mine. Really liked the way it bolted up. Had to remove the passenger crash bars to bolt the lower portion on. The whole procedure probably took me about 1-1/2 hours. Would have been easier with 2 people to help align the holes. It's a vertical hidden receiver hitch.

G

·
I purchased a N-line hitch off ebay for mine and it came with no instructions at all. Bolt on was very easy all I had to do was remove the rear portion of the fender and it bolted right in. It is a receiver type hitch so I built my trailer to accommodate this type of hookup. Changing the tire is a snap also as it has only four bolt to remove in order to get the receiver out of the way. I think most brands of hitches are similar to this and it appears they all bolt in easily. The real trick is the wiring harness, that part takes longer than the hitch. I have a relay pack and spider web of wires to figure out - when I get a roundtoit. Anybody have a roundtoit for sale?

G

·
RE. Hitch

I installed a Kuryakyn on my wing last fall. it was easy once you find that screw behind the licence bracket. :oops: :shock:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Wiz, I've only seen pics of the Add 0n hitch but if it only bolts to the rear saddle bag-sub frame there's not much between you and disaster. Are there any brackets that mount to the frame? The dauntless atleast goes to the crash bar mount. The bushtec adds a mount to the top. Like they say The moe mounts the merrier.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
hitch

I've had a bushtec hitch on my bike for almost 3 years trouble free.
I will install NO add-on products on my bike.
JD :biker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts