1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
902 Posts
I saw that exact set up on a yellow 1800 last year at a rally in Ruidoso, NM. The guy was 80 years old. He told me this set up would enable him to ride the bike until he died. He went on to say he could no longer hold the bike up if it leaned a little at a stop and he never wanted to stop riding motorcycles. He said he began riding an Indian in 1940, rode a Harley in
World War II and never has stopped riding. He laughed and said he was going to try and out live his wing...he already out lived two wives!

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
I've seen pictures but I've never seen that video. I'd do that before I'd ever trike one. I'm glad that option is available. 8)

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
yea if your old and wanta ride this is an option

G

·
0 Posts
Or "Maybe" if you're

Height challenged, built too close to the ground. Or maybe if you're small of stature and need a little help feeling comfortable with a big bike. Or maybe you're dis-abled and don't want sit around and miss out on life. I've been riding for 46 yrs, and thankfully I don't need it yet, but if the time comes that I do, I'm glad I have an option that doesn't include giving up my Bike. Someday, "YOU" might find yourself in that position, so don't look down on those who love their machines and don't want to give them up..........

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I guess that's ok for some....but I think personnally I'd buy a GMC first. :wink:

·
Registered
379 Posts
My father has these on his '90 GL1500. He is 71 years old and rides almost every day.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I saw this set up a few years ago on a GL1500. As the guy passed me the landing gear came down, I did a double take and had to follow him to ask what the heck are those. He had a problem holding the bike up with his SO on board. I told my wife, I'll have those one day....I'm only Semi-old now...LoL

G

·
0 Posts
Built in safe guard for just that

Wheels will only come down when speed is under 18 mph. Guess they thought of that???

·
Registered
210 Posts
Theres a blue wing here in town that has the same set up but a women owns it. she likes to ride tho, see her all the time. :eek:4: I give her a wide berth.... :D

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I like that option better than triking the wing or (God Forbid) those "Insta-Trike" platforms, (They just scare me for some reason!)

Here is another idea that maybe could be adapted to the Wing

http://www.mp3.piaggio.com :idea:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Someday, "YOU" might find yourself in that position, so don't look down on those who love their machines and don't want to give them up..........

:D

was taught, as a child, . . . to be kind to children . . .

. . . respectful of the elderly.

One must do so . . . to have respect for one's self.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I think that is a GREAT Idea especially if you want the stability other than triking the bike.

What is the cost factor? Just curious.

Thanks and ya'll ride safe!

·
Registered
210 Posts
hubert said:
Someday, "YOU" might find yourself in that position, so don't look down on those who love their machines and don't want to give them up..........

Dont think anyone is knocking the elderly just happy they are living and riding....... :D

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
When my legs can no longer hold up a motorcycle, hope to have enough strength in left my legs to kick some rudder pedals.

·
Registered
634 Posts
larrylee731 said:
hubert said:

Dont think anyone is knocking the elderly just happy they are living and riding....... :D
Yeah, I know.

I just approved of Mr. Broadsword's observation.

Great set of horns . . .and a very attractive lady you have there!!!!

Have a nice day, Mr. larrylee!!!!:D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks Hubert and the wife says the horns go with my sexual well being. always horny must be my old age setting in or has never left. Ive dumped my wing a few times and sure wish I had a set of flip downs to hold us up.......

You also have a great day in texas...... :capwin:

·
Registered
293 Posts
William Anzik said:
I've seen pictures but I've never seen that video. I'd do that before I'd ever trike one. I'm glad that option is available. 8)
I'm with you on that one, Bill. I'd go that route before triking it.
I just set mine down last weekend with no damage to the bike or injury to us and I guess these would have held us up in the situation we were in.....
I still got alot of leg strength left in me....its gonna be awhile before I resort to these, but still better than a trike IMHO.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I was glad to see the set-up in action. Had heard about it but never seen it.

It is definitely an alternative to giving up riding completely or triking. Not that there is anything wrong with triking.

Who knows...may someday have to make the choice which it will be, myself.

Dep

·
Registered
922 Posts
I saw one of these ridding around Front Royal va, pretty cool but....What happens in a hard turn, you know like the Dragon or ERC course?

I would like to see the demo doing the ERC.

Hey if it keeps me ridding I'm all for it, I could not imagine ridding a trike, do they make trikes that lean???

It also makes for a wider profile which could be a problem for the folks in CA trying to lane split.

Anyone know what the kit costs?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts