GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have added a few items to my 2018 Wing Tour.
1. Honda Sub Harness (08E86-MKC-A00) $ 19.47 - RON AYERS
2. Honda USB 2 in trunk (08E79-MKC-A00) $ 19.98 - RON AYERS
3. Honda Goldwing Organizer in Trunk (08L78-MKC-A00) - $ 28.07 - RON AYERS
4. Honda Passenger Arm Rests (08R70-MKC-A00ZA) - $80.00 - EBAY
5. Wing Bling from Goldstrike-Front Fender Tip - (CIR-78250) - $ 26.99 - CYCLEMAX
6. Wing Bling from Goldstrike-Rear Fender Tip - (CIR-78450) - $ 26.99 - CYCLEMAX
7. Smart Key Fob Assembly (H35111-MKC-A01) - $99 - CYCLEMAX
8. SCS Service Connector (H070PZ-ZY30100) - $21 - CYCLEMAX
9. Show Chrome Seat Tie-Down Brackets (B52-944) - $ 19.32 - CYCLEMAX
10. Tour Trunk Light (08U74-MKC-A00) - $ 51.26 - RON AYERS

Although I have pulled my ST1100s and 1300s apart many times over the past 20 years. This is the first time pulling body panels off the Goldwing. I put the part numbers, prices of what I paid, and where I got the items....maybe this might help someone. Ron Ayers takes about 2 weeks to get parts, Cyclemax is fast..I think less than a week. I didn't pay shipping on anything.... $150 or more gets you free shipping at Ron Ayers and $200 or more gets you free shipping at CycleMax. Hahaha...this is not a problem as I normally can find something I want! :) My only disappointment is the new FOB didn't come with the little key. Now I have to order another $200 from CycleMax! :)

If it wasn't for Max, Cruiseman, and Fred's videos I would still be working on these items.

This isn't hard work, it is just time consuming. If you can turn a screw driver, read, and watch a video, you can do any of these updates/mods/farkles. Just label the screws, and take your time, you can do it.

I love the satisfaction knowing I was able to accomplish all of this in one day in the garage. No extra or broken parts!!! This actually might be a first.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
15 year Member
6,898 Posts
Nice!!!

Enjoy your “personalized” wing!!

Mattbcnv

Reactions: whitewingnut

·
Registered
794 Posts
Check out www.goldwingonline.com. FREE shipping with $99 order and everything is shipped USPS Express. They're located in Florida and I receive my shipments within 3 days to Idaho. Al the owner is great and ships same day. Be sure to create a free VIP account for ADDITIONAL discounts!

Enjoy your decked out bike.

Reactions: whitewingnut

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gold Wing Tour....thanks for the info. I have added them to my favorites. Will have to check them out over coffee tomorrow morning. Still farkling!

Just installed Big Bike parts Cylinder Head Covers....they really clean up the heads.

Attachments

Reactions: Goldwing-Tour

·
Registered
930 Posts
I see you used tape to protect the saddlebags and other parts. Good Job.
Most people wouldn't take the time to do that.
I like working on my bike also and even though it is time consuming, the satisfaction of doing it yourself is worth it.
Ride Safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts