GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a second USB in trunk today and was uncertain if it would act like the one in front cubby, play music from my thumb drive or charge a phone. I've read different post stating the 2nd USB will only charge a phone, not so. Played my thumb drive music from both USB's and charges phone too.
Purchased from Cyclemax for about $26. There is a outline place in trunk to drill hole for the cable. Same place where the air bag models are installed from factory. It's a plug and play install except for the drilling the hole. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Added a second USB in trunk today and was uncertain if it would act like the one in front cubby, play music from my thumb drive or charge a phone. I've read different post stating the 2nd USB will only charge a phone, not so. Played my thumb drive music from both USB's and charges phone too.
Purchased from Cyclemax for about $26. There is a outline place in trunk to drill hole for the cable. Same place where the air bag models are installed from factory. It's a plug and play install except for the drilling the hole. :grin2:
If your phone is Apple, does it do CarPlay from the trunk?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your phone is Apple, does it do CarPlay from the trunk?
I have an android. I don't know about the iPhone and carplay but I would think if it works on the USB in the front glove box the 2nd USB seems to mirror the 1st USB, at least in my case.
It's such an easy install why not, if nothing else you have a 2nd charging point.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Could we get a pic when it's convenient? Is the pc you added different from the one in the saddlebag?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could we get a pic when it's convenient? Is the pc you added different from the one in the saddlebag?

You can install in the saddlebag or trunk. The cable length will allow it to be installed in either place.
Not sure what you mean by pc. I will take a pic tomorrow morning on the install of USB in trunk.

·
Registered
803 Posts
PC meaning piece. Wondering if the cables are the same for the bag and the trunk. I have the one in the bag but would prefer it in the trunk.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
PC meaning piece. Wondering if the cables are the same for the bag and the trunk. I have the one in the bag but would prefer it in the trunk.
Cable is long enough to install in left saddlebag or trunk. Attached is where I installed in trunk. USB kit comes with a cradle you see in pic which attaches to wall of trunk when not in use.

IMG_20191003_120957627.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just bought this usb cord with the intent to mount it in the trunk. Did you drill the hole for the grommet/cable without having to remove the trunk?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'd like to do this myself. Only concern is how careful do you have to be drilling that hole so as not to hit anything important underneath. Just looking it seems there should be some space beneath that spot.
Looking forward to your info & best of luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts