GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the led light that replaces the rear rectangular reflector. I want it to light with the brake lights. Can someone tell me how to connect it to the current wiring , which wires to connect? The new lights have black, red and blue wires. ( I know how to get to the rear wires).
Any advice on the kind of connector to use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I have the led light that replaces the rear rectangular reflector. I want it to light with the brake lights. Can someone tell me how to connect it to the current wiring , which wires to connect? The new lights have black, red and blue wires. ( I know how to get to the rear wires).
Any advice on the kind of connector to use?

Thanks!
If there is and OEM connector with the brake light circuit included near where the new light will be installed, it would be best to find matching connectors and make a break out harness that has "tag" wires that you can splice onto for the new light. You can find most of the connectors needed for any job on the Goldwing at either of these two websites, http://www.cycleterminal.com , or https://www.corsa-technic.com/cart.php. I make those for folks all the time, be glad to help if I can.

Reactions: WingNero

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought Kuryakyn 7456 from Amazon that was plug and play. For $50 I thought it would be more than it is, but it was easy to install.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The green/red wire into the taillight is positive and solid green is ground or negative. Out of the LED the red is positive and black is negative. Blue should select the flash sequence. Momentarily touch blue to a 12v positive source to go to the next flash sequence. Once you have the one you like, tape or otherwise cover the bare end of the blue wire.

These are generic instructions for other LED strobe heads I've installed on various Honda motorcycles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts