GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my new to me 05 wing for a couple of days and I am looking for adding some music on the cheap. Does anyone have experience with this unit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Digi...Accessories&hash=item5644d82e2d#ht_2217wt_822

What I envision doing is adding this to the trunk area and plugging my iPod into the aux jack and playing music through the existing speakers or at some point adding headsets and playing through the internal comm port of the wing. Does this make sense?

I don't want to rush into spending alot of money yet until I get to know the bike so I was thinking of this.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Look at the BikeMP3 player.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've only had my new to me 05 wing for a couple of days and I am looking for adding some music on the cheap. Does anyone have experience with this unit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Digi...Accessories&hash=item5644d82e2d#ht_2217wt_822

What I envision doing is adding this to the trunk area and plugging my iPod into the aux jack and playing music through the existing speakers or at some point adding headsets and playing through the internal comm port of the wing. Does this make sense?

I don't want to rush into spending alot of money yet until I get to know the bike so I was thinking of this.

Thanks for the help.

Mike
For now, run your phone or the Mp3 player of your choice threough the aux input in the left side fairing pocket.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For now, run your phone or the Mp3 player of your choice threough the aux input in the left side fairing pocket.
I'm a little embarrassed to say that I searched the forum but did not even break out the owner's manual or check the bike. I did find the cable in the LH pocket and also found a aux power outlet. That's how new I am to the bike and didn't even know they were there.

Thanks for the help and I'm sure I'll have other questions down the road. Ride safe.

Mike

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'm a little embarrassed to say that I searched the forum but did not even break out the owner's manual or check the bike. I did find the cable in the LH pocket and also found a aux power outlet. That's how new I am to the bike and didn't even know they were there.

Thanks for the help and I'm sure I'll have other questions down the road. Ride safe.

Mike
It's cool, I'm just happy to havethe right answer for once.:yes1:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
However, going back to your ebay post, has anyone used one of these things, (I'm not talking about a "BIKEMP3" unit, but the one in the ebay ad.
Price isn't bad, but what are the details about changing the tunes, pause, play, display of the song title and little things like that?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Trunk Music

However, going back to your ebay post, has anyone used one of these things, (I'm not talking about a "BIKEMP3" unit, but the one in the ebay ad.
Price isn't bad, but what are the details about changing the tunes, pause, play, display of the song title and little things like that?
Hi! I put one in this spring and it works great. Plays through the Honda Radio system. I used a 4 G card and put about a thousand songs on it, you have to set up files with 99 songs in each file, takes a while to load when you first start the bike ( a couple minutes), you can then use your radio controls for volume, song advance and file advance, every once in a while it will not allow you to advance songs or go into the "CD" section that plays your songs. Shutting off the bike and turning it back on will reset and away you go. Enjoy. Very simple to install just a word of warning to check your hole saw size against the grommet you get with the package, it is tight.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Trunk Music

Forgot to mention you may want to lead it up out of the lower trunk section as any water getting in the trunk (leaking bottle of water, etc will pool in lower trunk/ cd area. Thx Tom

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
<...>but what are the details about <...> display of the song title and little things like that?
There is nothing that will display the song information on the bike's screen; it's just not engineered to do that.

Actually, the radio doesn't know how to do that.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts

Thanks for the help.

Mike
It will work on your bike but I see you have a 2005 you are likely to experience radio lockup

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
For just a few dollars more you can go with the BikeMP3 player and be better off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts