GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
803 Posts
I have it on my 2018. Fits great. Be careful not to tug on the wires much. They will pull loose from the LED circuit board.
It does not come with connectors, only loose wires at the end.

I do NOT recommend splicing it into the bike's wiring.

If that is the only aftermarket light and accessory you will have, then suggest getting a plug and play harness from Pathfinder, Kury, Goldstrike, or Electrical Connections (I'm partial to Pathfinder), cutting off a connector from the harness and wiring the light to the harness.

If you have or are going to add other lights and/or accessories, then highly recommend getting an isolator/plug and play harness kit from Pathfinder or Electrical Connections. (I'm again partial to Pathfinder).

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
803 Posts
You can add a dozen LEDs before it comes close to just one incandescent light. That is why I swapped out my 2005 tail lights to LEDs. Saves on battery and alternator.
That light is for a 2018+
2018+‘a, which is what he has, are LED only. They also have an electrical system that does not tolerate more than one or two aftermarket lights/accessories before things get wonky. That is why 2018+ need isolators

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
803 Posts
The trunk light that Goldstrike sells uses a plug and play harness that plugs into the bikes wiring under the seat without using any relays or isolators...it's harness has four connectors for even more Goldstrike lights if desired... so the Canbus system can't be that sensitive.
Pathfinder and Kury sell the same type of PnP harnesses with multiple connectors (Pathfinder has 8, Kury has 6). Just cause you can plug in that many lights does not mean that everything will work just fine. Also, when you mix and match manufacturers, you will get problems because the products have different power loads and resistive values.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts