GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your feedback, the manufacturer states that the current is low and it will not upset the canbus but I wanted to see if anyone did have problems? I have checked the wiring diagram and the brake lights are not switched through the canbus, they are switched direct from the front and rear brake switches, via fuse 14 which I think is shared with the headlight,so I guess my only concern is the load for the tail light,
Rectangle Schematic Font Map Parallel

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for posting the pic, it does look like a good fit, is that the brake light or tail light on? My only thought is the bike tail lights have nice defused look, where as that one you can see the individual LEDs, I know it sounds an bit picky and I guess to get a light to have the same output as the OEM would be expensive and a lot of work.

thank you for replying I appreciate your time and help

jason

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just fitted one last week, as part of my first farkling session on my new DCT here in the UK. I run it from a Show Chrome Electronic Fuse Block (52-942) – currently a steal at only around $50 by the way.

Here's a YouTube video of it:

Wow, you have added a few bits, is there any thing else you could add? 😂👍🏻 love the blue colour and thank you for sharing the video. I have been speaking with the light manufacturer to see if the will supply me a unit before final assembly so I can add a defuser so the tail light will look like the OEM ones. Can I ask, is it a good fit?

thanks

jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts