GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having my GL 1800 triked in a month. We chose the Champion conversion. I know the company isn't into options for additional lighting on the rear end. I am not necessarily looking for a light bar type arrangemnt. What have you Champion trikes done to accomplish adding lights to the rear end to increase visibility? Would prefer them to act as additional running, brake and turn signals.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
560 Posts
I installed a spoiler light bar on my trunk. Casn be installed as brake and running or brake only.

You might want to check out the Hyperlights products. They have some small but very bright LED units that that are combined brake and turn signals that will fit neatly under the trunk box or installed on the rear of the speaker pods.

JJ

·
Registered
560 Posts
JJ said:
I installed a spoiler light bar on my trunk. Can be installed as brake and running or brake only.

You might want to check out the Hyperlights products. They have some small but very bright LED units that that are combined brake and turn signals that will fit neatly under the trunk box or installed on the rear of the speaker pods.

JJ

B

·
0 Posts
I put 6 4-LED lights on the back today, 3 on each side. I got them from Electrical Connection. I wired them to be on as running lights and to flash alternately with the turn signals.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don,
The CSC has an advantage over the Champion with that accent chrome strip at the bottom of the rear end. That provides a mounting surface for additional rear lighting. No such animal on the Champion. I must say it looks real nice.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts