GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added some comfort stuff for the SO and me. It was scary :eek:4:to drill the holes for the Air Wings but it worked out perfect.

V Stream windshield
Clear turn signal lenses
Clear hands wings
Traxxion fork brace
Turn down exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
According to my wife; yes they do help divert cold air away as well as cool air when it's hotter than blazes out..........:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I added some comfort stuff for the SO and me. It was scary :eek:4:to drill the holes for the Air Wings but it worked out perfect.

V Stream windshield
Clear turn signal lenses
Clear hands wings
Traxxion fork brace
Turn down exhaust
Can you tell any big difference w/v stream windsheild? Is youres the special addition or the standard. Did you ride the stock on this 2012 before this purchase.Thanks for any info............

·
Registered
898 Posts
Beautiful ride!! enjoy it

·
Registered
166 Posts
love the clear lenses and cant wait to get them for mine. looks good..:congrats:

and as for the airwings, they do help. just added them to mine a couple weeks ago. they are not as dramatic as one would think but after using them for a few hundred miles at 50deg, both of us noticed quite a bit of change. i taller wider windshield will probably add alot to them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I put the Baker hand wings on mine but it did no good for the buffeting the passenger feels. Would love to know if the air wings make the difference or the windshield is the solution?

·
Registered
441 Posts

V Stream windshield
Clear turn signal lenses
Clear hands wings
Traxxion fork brace
Turn down exhaust

Where did you get your clear lenses ? They good good !

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The SO says the air wings help alot. We did 250 miles today they worked just great. The V Stream is standard, the Special Addition did not come without the vent. I don't like the vent.
The clear trunk lites came from Hal at Direct Line. Part number 52736L it is a Bike bike part. So far I have ordered every thing from Hal.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Do the wings do any good for the passenger or just rider. I need something to divert wind fron passenger. thanks
I put the Baker hand wings on mine but it did no good for the buffeting the passenger feels. Would love to know if the air wings make the difference or the windshield is the solution?
Our experience:
I'm 6'2", wife is 5'8"(this makes some difference in what helps and what doesn't).
1. Wider/taller windshield(tall enough it funnels the air over our helmets)
2. Mirror wings(this helped reduce the wind felt by my wife according to her)
3. Upper/lower Air wings(these reduced the wind on me and my wife.
2&3 depends on the speed you are doing as to the "size" of the "quiet zone" created.
As the angle and amount of x-wind increases, so does the amount the rider and the passenger get. I know of nothing that will reduce what you feel in a x-wind as it's speed increases.
No intent on stealing this thread-just wanted to address the comments made/questions asked from our perspective.
One additional comment. We found the KuryAkyn rear air foil completely useless for us.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I bought all the Baker air wing products and Tulsa's extra tall (swept back) windshield. Neither my wife or I have any buffeting issues. It's truly great to ride now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts