GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been fun, but I'm off to a new land. One with a white background thats easier to read. A new place where we have the opportunity to post photos of our ugly mugs, and change the color of our fonts. We've had some good times, some great laughs. And well, I'll never forget that peachy brown background of yours. Be well, old friend.

Lewis/EC

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I was really bored at work and was poking through old threads, going backward.
Really bored.

And I found this thread. Ron's quote gave me a chill and it reminds me to live every day to the fullest. Tell people that you love them. Tip well. Eat pie. Laugh with childlike abandon.
And don't take anything for granted.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Sorry my reply was OT......i did not realize the topic exactly.....sorry!

Meant no disrespect.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Re: Old board

ron melton said:
Gone but not fergotten. :mrgreen:
How prophetic are those words. Ron, too, is gone but not forgotten. :cry:

S

·
0 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
I was really bored at work and was poking through old threads, going backward.
Really bored.

And I found this thread. Ron's quote gave me a chill and it reminds me to live every day to the fullest. Tell people that you love them. Tip well. Eat pie. Laugh with childlike abandon.
And don't take anything for granted.
Bill , we are all going to die , it's just a matter of when and how .

In the past month I have been to two funerals , got another one coming up , heard about another Friend who just got cancer , another in Hospital with cancer and another friend about dead with cancer ... and another who is starting the "tests" for cancer ...

"Eat , drink and be merry for tomorrow we die ".

It is so easy to go down the road of depression , but why bother , it interferes with RIDING !! :D

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Nice post Bill.........

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Strider said:
Bill , we are all going to die , it's just a matter of when and how .
In the past month I have been to two funerals , got another one coming up , heard about another Friend who just got cancer , another in Hospital with cancer and another friend about dead with cancer ... and another who is starting the "tests" for cancer ...
"Eat , drink and be merry for tomorrow we die ".
It is so easy to go down the road of depression , but why bother , it interferes with RIDING !! :D
Sorry for your losses, Strider. Last year was like that for me. Family and friends.
Not depression; I'm not like that. Maybe an occassional regret for something I'd like to have said better while I had the chance? One last post to Ron or one more hug for Dad?
Every now and then, amid my arsenal of jokes, I have to make people think.

Godspeed, Ron. Gone but not forgotten.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,678 Posts
Thought provoking post to have brought up, Bill.

Thanks for posting and for the statement.

RIP, Ron.

Bob E.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Man this is strangewe were out riding today with a guy that just moved here from calif and he was asking about ron he did not know what had happened to him.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
indicates the type of fellow Ron was... I never met him.

We are remembering him and that says a lot about Ron..

I enjoyed reading about his adventures and the photos

·
Registered
718 Posts
Certainly not forgotten thanks for posting this and reminding us life is too short so live it to the fullest

Johng

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Makes you think aout the one's you care about. Love them while you have them. Dont let the petty things bother you, you might never get another chance to say I am sorry.

I sure do miss him around here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts