GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As noted in a thread I started earlier, I am looking to upgrade my Wing with Traxxion suspension.

Has anyone had their Wing done by Marc Connely in Lake George, and if so, can you comment on the quality and price of the work?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Quality and price of the work was good but he will not work on my bike with a car tire on the rear. He blames it on his insurance which he claims will not let him work on an "altered" bike. I think he just doesn't like the "darkside" idea.

Reactions: apes115

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No worries. I have MTs on it.

Just hoping to get some feedback about the installer.

Sent from my really, really, really smartphone.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Back in 2014 I needed fork seals done so I arranged for Marc to install a RaceTech gold valve emulator kit incl Racetech springs, new fork seals and bushings, lower aluminum billet and All balls bearings.
Marc's a great guy and really knows his stuff. I would highly recommend his services...I dropped the bike in the eve and it was ready at 9 next morning..They only need a few hrs to do everything..
His guy told me he would have my front end apart in 20 min.Also told me he's the largest Traxxion installer in the northeastern US. 5 yrs later no issues.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
In the past I would swap out rear wheel/tire and ride up and back (500M plus) in a day and have the work done but I no longer have a spare wheel and tire so I will have to look elsewhere for a shop.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
In the past I would swap out rear wheel/tire and ride up and back (500M plus) in a day and have the work done but I no longer have a spare wheel and tire so I will have to look elsewhere for a shop.

try Cross Country Metucheon NJ, good rates & good work, some of my members go there w/ their Wings, BTW, these guys are running CT's & nobody cares, that guy in Lk. George is altering the suspension systems on bikes, what is he talking about??

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I have used CC in Metuchen but I don't know if they are Traxxion certified. Marc in Lake G. said he had a friend killed because of a CT failure. Supposedly the bead seal failed. I have well over 350,000 m. on CTs and no problems

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
375 Posts
TraXxion

I give Marc Connely my highest recommendation.
He did the original Traxxion work @ 2012 and every service since. Always a pleasure to deal with. Always waiting for me and ready to go as scheduled. Never an unexpected up charge.

The CT thing is a nuisance but not a deal breaker for me.

Any questions, drop me a PM

Richie Steinel

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'd give ol' Marc a break on the car tire thing... when he does a Traxxion upgrade, he's using parts specifically designed and made for that bike by a manufacturer that will back up it's product.

Putting a car tire on your bike is not backed up by Honda, the tire manufacturer and likely not the person who puts the car tire on for you. Not an issue... until it is an issue... in court, and the lawyer comes after Marc. And you guy's testimonials won't mean squat in court... and Marc would not be able to find any tire expert that would be able to convincingly say that using car tires on an MC is safe...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had Marc do my full monty 2 years ago rode up there from Jersey got a room and rode the bike over there that night and in the morning i walked over to his shop and watched the whole process.He had a friend there helping him and they were done in record time.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Good guy, good price, good work on my AK20 & brace install some years back.
Lost touch with Marc over the years, glad he's still at it. I recall him leading mc tours of the area back then also.
I should stop by during Americade. He should be busy that week.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies. Great info.

I have made an appointment with Marc from Adirondack and Beyond in Lake George to do Mega Monty next week.

Full ride report to follow.

Thanks again.

Sent from my really, really, really smartphone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts