GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Honda backrest for my girlfriend but it really wasn’t high enough to give her much comfort. So I bought one from big bike parts thinking it was taller but it wasn’t tall enough. I made a bracket to make the backrest adjustable up and down to get it right where she needed it for those long days in the saddle. At the shortest setting it’s 2 inches higher than stock and can go up 3 inches higher than that in 1 inch increments. She settled on 4 inches higher and loves it. We just got back from a 775 mile ride and she said now it’s a lot more comfortable and gives her back more support. 👍

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Nice, and thanks for sharing how you did it. 👍🏼

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another Thinking Tinkerer very nice I went the opposite wanting lower and closer to the seat and most of all easily removable just leaving the mount that I have rounded off and smoothed , My main rider is my Son's absolutely stunning 23 year old fiancee Nurse Andi and she thinks its fine and I need the rest for my luggage Nelson Rigg Route one
14x14x14 it fits the Honda like it was a factory option , If I could get my wife to ride more than going out to a beach restaurant she would like a higher one and that would be doable with a plate like you made for my rig nice clean work
Winston was not overly impressed till we went for a cruise around the neighborhood

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s nice I love the brown wings! I originally went to buy a stallion brown one but ended up with the ardent red. I might make mine removable one day so it won’t look so goofy when I’m riding solo

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a Honda backrest for my girlfriend but it really wasn’t high enough to give her much comfort. So I bought one from big bike parts thinking it was taller but it wasn’t tall enough. I made a bracket to make the backrest adjustable up and down to get it right where she needed it for those long days in the saddle. At the shortest setting it’s 2 inches higher than stock and can go up 3 inches higher than that in 1 inch increments. She settled on 4 inches higher and loves it. We just got back from a 775 mile ride and she said now it’s a lot more comfortable and gives her back more support. 👍
Which brand of luggage rack is that on your bike? I am wanting to add one, but the Honda one is a little pricey.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The first Gen 6 I saw was at Bike week at the Honda Display at the Speedway in 2018 and it was the brown one and I loved it then although it took me a couple years
I got lucky when my Local dealer said Honda has one 2018 leftover but it's Brown I smiled and ordered it , Looks like you got "Red" fixed up for the Highway just fine
she's a Beaut. I got mine first week in March just prior to Daytona have almost 4 K now I ride all I can .

I like your Slick Hi way pegs some more of your tinkering I bet

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I couldn’t make myself pay 300$ for hwy pegs so I came up with those. I bought mine a month and a half ago and have right at 4300 miles on it now 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts