GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took time this morning and did the cruise control adjustment. Thanks to the guys on this forum that write up their tips. I tried the "tighten until the revs go up-then back off a bit". Only took a short trip to find out I set it just a little too tight, small adjustment, and it is perfect... like Honda built it.:p
Thanks again,
Alfred

·
Registered
452 Posts
This is a great adjustment to make...it's so nice having the cruise engage with no delay, drop in speed or surge. And it costs nothing but a little bit of time :yes1::yes1::yes1:

·
Registered
119 Posts
What did it do when it was too tight? I adjusted mine and now I get a little bit of a surge when I first set the cruise. Not sure if it's me, or it does that because it is too tight. I used the same method as the OP, and I know I screwed it back until the RPM settled back to idle. The bike was warmed up and off of fast idle.
The surge doesn't bother anything. It seems to settle back to the speed at which it was engaged. Kinda just lets you know it took. Sure is nice not to have to wait and wonder.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
What did it do when it was too tight? I adjusted mine and now I get a little bit of a surge when I first set the cruise. Not sure if it's me, or it does that because it is too tight. I used the same method as the OP, and I know I screwed it back until the RPM settled back to idle. The bike was warmed up and off of fast idle.
The surge doesn't bother anything. It seems to settle back to the speed at which it was engaged. Kinda just lets you know it took. Sure is nice not to have to wait and wonder.

Yes, you have it screwed out a little too far. Probably should screw it back in a little. Another symptom of having it screwed out too far is it may search (hunt) for proper idle speed and may actually idle too low.

·
Registered
119 Posts
OK, thanks, I'll give it a little more slack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts