GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your throttle have the stop mine had? I had about a 1/2" of movement in the grip. I adjusted that out today via the nut at the throttle grip housing. Now the bike is much easier to handle at slow speeds and my delay in resume is gone. If you haven't tried this be sure to give it a try.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Steve....Just a word of warning. If you don't have enough slack in the cables, the throttle will lock up on you when you make a left u-turn with the steering locked against the stops. I don't like the slop either, but I can't find a way around it.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Red,

If you can't adjust the slop out of the cable without causing problems at full tilt steering then you either have a poorly routed cable that's binding or the cable needs lube.

I had the same problem and ended up lubing the cable(s)...............made a world of difference with a nice "snap" return of the throttle even at full tilt steering in either direction (with slop adjusted out).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts