GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to figure out the search thing. Anyway, is there a way to adjust the shift pedal? It would be way more comfortable for me if it was lowered a little. I can get my toes under the shift pedal but its kind of a stain to get the toes on top without lifting my foot off the peg.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I use an ht from rattlebars myself.. Hated it for two weeks, now i love it.. But if you don't want to go that route, you ought to be able to remove the level, rotate it downward a bit, and remount it. That should give you some more clearance for that steel-toed boot. ;) I had the same problem with my frankenstein boots..

just don't turn it too much, or you'll have to go down too far to up-shift.. ;)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Shifter adjustment

I found the shift lever on my 01 could not be adjusted by moving the arm on the shaft. When I moved it on notch, there wasn't enough clearance between the shift arm and the head to allow the shifter to operate. If you could fabricate an adjustable turnbuckle between the two levers, the pedal height could be changed. This would be a good product for some of our vendors.

Len

1 - 5 of 5 Posts