GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here it is, it's 12:30 AM, it's dark, and in the lower 30's. It's been foggy and cold all week, too, and this following a big snow dump a couple weeks ago. Every time I go into the garage I look at my bike and despair. Winter is dragging on. AaaaRrrrrrGgggggHhhhhh!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
According to the local weather forecast, the high for next Tuesday should should be 64 degrees warmer than this morning. Of course it will still be below freezing.:-(

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
<...>Every time I go into the garage I look at my bike and despair. Winter is dragging on.
I think many in your predicament actually bond with their machines by lovingly clean and polish every nook and cranny possible. PMS can occur in the desert, but it's a very rare malady at this time of year around these parts. My wife and I had the opportunity to meet another GL1800board member and his bride last night; got a ride planned out for Saturday - should be fun.

I wish I could say I feel your pain, bruddah, but I can't. :shrug: Thermometer says +45F right now (4:45am mountain time) ; my carpool is leaving early, my wife is going to be busy this weekend...

:biker: to work today, I think! :thumbup:

·
Registered
408 Posts
You can always start an oil thread or extol the merits of a deer whistle. Over on VROC.org they had a "3 word" thread (limit of 3 word/post) that nearly shut down the server.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
What PMS? I plan on putting 4-500 miles today. 79 degrees forcast for today and for me, that is the perfect T-shirt riding weather.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
PMS is just another word. I would think by now that all you live in the North with the freezing temps should be use to it by now. They made their own choices to live in such cold climates and it is by choice they are all still there. So..........PMS is just an excuse!

That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it! :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I KNOW pms! The wing is parked in the garage in Phoenix and I am in Ft Lauderdale, Fl for a week............Oh well, Monday when I get home I'll blow the dust off'n the wing :p

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
PMS is just another word. I would think by now that all you live in the North with the freezing temps should be use to it by now. They made their own choices to live in such cold climates and it is by choice they are all still there. So..........PMS is just an excuse!

That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it! :eek:4:
Gad, I hate to admit it, but I agree with you!!! Northern-dwellers should quit their beechin... :22yikes:;):lol::lol:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Come monday the trike will be in the trailer and we will be heading for the Texas gulf. After 7 straight days of getting up at 3 am with temps running in the minus 13 to 27 below and spending the days plowing snow for the city I parked the motor grader. I have had it and we are heading south BY BY cold. PS I'm taking my swimming suit as I hear their water is not SOLID to the 2 foot depth.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
it was 26 this morning when I got up, this is not right for here, this time last year I could ride in a lite jacket, to think the high is around 40 today..think I'll go to the movie...I know my friend's up north want us to enjoy there weather, but with out the snow it's not funny.....tonight it's in the teens....I forgot where I pack them long Johns...going to build my first fire tonight...we don't get this unto Feb.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Come monday the trike will be in the trailer and we will be heading for the Texas gulf. After 7 straight days of getting up at 3 am with temps running in the minus 13 to 27 below and spending the days plowing snow for the city I parked the motor grader. I have had it and we are heading south BY BY cold. PS I'm taking my swimming suit as I hear their water is not SOLID to the 2 foot depth.
forget Texas, head for lower Fl. and hope....?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would consider Florida Papa Smurf but we have friends on the Gulf in Tex that we are going to visit.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
No No...GO to Arizona! The weather is warmer there this time of year. Ride all year!! That's the place to be!!

Run! Don't walk! Tony has a room for ya!! :bow:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
There is ROOM in Florida, I am leavingMonday......so come on down to Florida...........cause I'm going back to Arizona:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts