GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to finally replace my dad's old Sportmart rubber fishing rain suit with something more technical. My body generates heats fast so I'm wondering about a vented rain suit that'll still keep us dry. I've looked at Tourmast, Frogg Toggs, and Nelson-Rigg. As I read the reviews, I just head back here to find out what everyone else experiences are with what they use, or don't use, as I've also read that if wearing the proper motorcycling gear, you don't need rain gear. We're planning a long trip this year and want to be prepared if caught in some heavy rain.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Frogg Toggs
Used them for years....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
THE NEW OLYMPIA 2-pc. RAIN SUIT IS OUTSTANDING!!! Lots of thought went into it's design; the coolest (air flow) rain suit I've ever worn, extremely comfortable, and MUCH easier to slip in and out of than others! I was skeptical to spend so much thru RevZilla for a rain suit, but am totally satisfied so far!!! :biker::rain1::thumbup: I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Ill second the Frog Toggs.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'm cheap and hate rain.

Will avoid it when I can, and don't even like to ride thru road slime after a rain. (Hate to clean the bike :0)

My rain gear is just for absolutes. Major unavoidable downpour.

Harbor Freight, less than $10 rain suit.

Works well in rain and I just wear the bottoms for road slime.

Been riding for years and you will get wet if it rains no matter what kind of rainsuit, or the humidity will be so bad you'll think you been rained on.

Go cheap and watch the weather.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wife and i are planning a 2,000 mile trip in about two weeks. Seriously contemplating large garbage bags w/slits pre cut for head and arms. They roll up and pack about like a cigar, which i hope will fit in the face shield pockets of the crash jackets. Saving space means everything when your packing for two!

·
Registered
487 Posts
TourMaster and be done with it.
Especially if your headed this way.
Have a happy trip?
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
AeroStich RoadCrafter, one piece, rain? who cares, little to warm? open the underarm and back vents. We ride in the rain a lot up here, never been wet, ever! Great suit made in USA and tough as nails. The big plus for us is, we no longer have to stop to put on - take off rain suits. They are pricey:eek:4: but ours are now 4 years old and good as new. Last suit we will ever buy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking to finally replace my dad's old Sportmart rubber fishing rain suit with something more technical. My body generates heats fast so I'm wondering about a vented rain suit that'll still keep us dry. I've looked at Tourmast, Frogg Toggs, and Nelson-Rigg. As I read the reviews, I just head back here to find out what everyone else experiences are with what they use, or don't use, as I've also read that if wearing the proper motorcycling gear, you don't need rain gear. We're planning a long trip this year and want to be prepared if caught in some heavy rain.
I agree with the Frogg Toggs.But iam also intersted in the trailer you have hooked to your bike,what brand is that one.:lol:

·
Registered
327 Posts
rain gear

In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with Frogg Togg's. I've been wearing them for many years and have no complaints at all. If I had a dime for every mile I've ridden in the rain, I could retire and every one of those miles, I had on my Togg's! Ride On! :cool:

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Frog Toggs, I like that they're inexpensive and breath. Get the heavier weight ones or the motorcycle specific ones.
+1 for Frog Toggs. Hard to beat them for the money.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
TOTALLY DISAGREE!

Don't even know where to start... so I won't. I'll just say that the brand new Olympia 2-pc. Horizon rain suit is VERY comfortable, VERY breathable, and keeps you VERY dry. :yes1:

I love riding in the rain!

I'm cheap and hate rain.

Will avoid it when I can, and don't even like to ride thru road slime after a rain. (Hate to clean the bike :0)

My rain gear is just for absolutes. Major unavoidable downpour.

Harbor Freight, less than $10 rain suit.

Works well in rain and I just wear the bottoms for road slime.

Been riding for years and you will get wet if it rains no matter what kind of rainsuit, or the humidity will be so bad you'll think you been rained on.

Go cheap and watch the weather.

·
Registered
112 Posts
For several years I lived in the Northern BC Coast, in a temperate rainforest area where they receive an annual rainfall of 200 inches per year. So I know what heavy rain is like.

Last June I did a trip to Edmonton where I went thru a five hour period of torrential rain like I've never seen before, lots of lightning, & three hail storms. Along the way I met numerous Harley riders that were frozen & drenched to the bone, even with their rainsuits (Harley's do not have as much weather protection as Goldwings to start with). Near Edmonton, I had to finally stop for 15 minutes because the rain was coming down so hard, as neither I nor the cars, could no longer see the road. By the time I got to my destination & stripped my gear off, I was totally dry (except my neck scarf, whose job it is to keep any water running off my helmet & down my neck).

Frogg Toggs feel like a J-cloth, yet somehow they always keep my Wife & I dry - yet still breathe. What a wonderful product!

Highly recommend! :thumbup:

Reg

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
+1 Frog Toggs
the motorcycle one i have also have reflective piping for night driving also make for a great wing breaker

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
We have the HD branded rain gear. Never had a complaint from it. Good quality.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
That will look great riding a $20,000 motorcycle, lol

Wife and i are planning a 2,000 mile trip in about two weeks. Seriously contemplating large garbage bags w/slits pre cut for head and arms. They roll up and pack about like a cigar, which i hope will fit in the face shield pockets of the crash jackets. Saving space means everything when your packing for two!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have tour master and have ridden in rain I would drive in. Never a drop on me.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Another vote for Frog Toggs. I have been using them for two years now and have not been disappointed, ever. I ride year round in Norcal and always have them in the left saddlebag in case of an unplanned bike wash.... ;)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Frogg Toggs for us...and I really like your trailer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts