GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out the best way to handle my 1976 CB 750 that has been sitting in a RI garage for about 20 years. I moved to Va and it did not come with me. It has about 40K on it and ran before it was put in the back of the garage. It would definitely take some work to get it running again. I figure my only options are to cart it back to Va and make restoring it and nice retirement project or to try to sell it up there to someone interested in doing the same. I know these old bikes have some value given the classic nature of them but have no idea how to determine the value as it sits now. We also have a 1971 CB 350 in the same boat but it belongs to my brother who lives in RI. He would probably sell that as well. I would appreciate any advice on how to determine value or what they would do. Certainly, if anyone is interested in them, let me know.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Is it a "K", or an "F" model?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding. It is a 750K. I have thought about putting it on RI Craigslist but it is the value that is tough and is it worth carting all the way back to Va to have it sit in my garage.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Go to WWW.SOHC4.NET join if you're not a member (it's free) and ask over there. They're a great bunch and very helpful with ANY questions you may have. I've been a member for several years now.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to WWW.SOHC4.NET join if you're not a member (it's free) and ask over there. They're a great bunch and very helpful with ANY questions you may have. I've been a member for several years now.
This is a great example of why I have loved this site for so long. That is exactly the start I was looking for. Thanks Steve!!

·
Banned
5 Posts
I restore 4 or 5 old bikes per year and totally cleaned up, repainted and all chrome polished just like new the normal selling price is $1600 - $2500 depending on brand popularity.

I sold a pair of 1982 KZ1000 LTD's last fall for $1600 each and a 81 GS1000 for $2450. They were all in show room condition when I sold them but the GS is just a more valuable machine. Plus it had some dyno work done.

The Honda's in perfect condition will be in the mid to upper teens as they are in the same range as the Kawasaki as far as collectables

I buy most in fair to poor condition for $0 - $500 tops

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I bought one new in 1976 for $1800. As it says in my sig line, I wish I still had it, but I don't think my trip down memory lane is practical. I guess if you hang on to them long enough, they will regain their value, LOL. :thumbup:

Check out one that sold on e-bay for $148,000. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331120055291

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Do you have any reason to travel up that way. If so, you could fly up and rent a van and bring it back to VA with that. Or rent a trailer in Warwick, RI which has/had a large UHaul facility and tow it back.

I will ask my son in CT if he wants to buy it from you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts