GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one of these:

which after 5 uses is now in a trash can somewhere in Norton, VA...it failed.

I am now trying to find a replacement of small size. I have found many good compressors (albeit a little pricier) but they are all too large to carry full time in the saddlebag.

Can anyone provide a recommendation for a good, reliable 12V compressor that is also small in size. I would prefer to get suggestions from those that have used a product many times and know first hand it will hold up.

Thanks a bunch guys.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I bought the Stop & Go Pilot kit. Have not needed it and in fact I have never had a flat on the road since I started riding in '63. Getting on in years and growing more cautious so I bought this. Sure was nice when the air compressor was on the 1500. I saw a 12v for $6.88 at Home Depot. Took all I could to not buy it. Looked really small also.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This one:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/7dvond7
Slime 40001 Power Sport Inflator

It's ridden in my bike for 4+ years, used it several times, no issues.

I too have one of these. I have a bushtec trailer and seem to always change the air pressure. it gets used several times a year. I have had it for three years

·
Registered
804 Posts
I carry the same unit with the assumption that it would be used during roadside emergency's only and not a resource for maintaining routine tire pressure and if this is your intention then I suggest utilizing a more suitable and durable garage unit. :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.