1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

Hal as 2 sets of genuine honda luggage in the store
$91 & $154
i am guessing the more expensive are the deluxe ones, here's my question, are the deluxe worth the extra $$'s

i know there are some after market cheaper ones but i fancy the honda ones, would appreciate your views.

thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
I bought the 'fancy' ones. I believe in you get what you pay for, though I try to pay little as possible for it. The quality of the material used and construction is top-notch. It has the added amenities of integrated leather and embroidery. While they are not a 'perfect' fit in the tupperware, I don't believe you'll find one that does. I'm very happy with my decision to get these and it's obvious that I'll probably have these thru a couple of wings.

G

·
0 Posts
And a contrary opinion.... :wink:

I bought the "cheap" ones.....same size and shape, rugged material, rugged construction, does exactly what the "good" ones do....and I had $63 left over for other stuff!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I choose the economy ones also...functional and they fit....leaving more $$ for other things....besides, no one sees them 8)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
i bought a set from.....

I bought a set from a 1500 wing that had been triked. I paid 50.00. Was that too much?
JD
:biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
My situation was a bit different...

I only wanted bags (liners) for the side bags. I have no use for a liner for the top case (and didn't want to have to buy something that I won't use...)

I bought 2 of the Big Bike Parts saddlebag liners for $50, and have been happy with them. They fit just about as good as anything could, and have put up with a bit of abuse.

I paid less than this at another vendor, but here's a link.

http://hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/byProduct.asp?prd=Bags&str=4&ID=30674237

·
Registered
285 Posts
The "cheap" ones I'm thinking of getting are made by Hopnel. Problem is, I haven't been able to learn whether they are really tailor-made for the GL1800 luggage (i.e.. made to take up the maximum amount of the irregular interior shape of the trunk and saddlebags) or whether they're just fairly generic liners that'd fit inside most large touring bikes' containers.

Today I dug out the old bag liners I kept from my 1984 Gold Wing and fitted them inside its 2004 descendant. Not surprisingly, they allow for a lot of unused space to be left over, even when the bags are filled to their capacity. But if the Hopnels are essentially the same, I won't waste my money.

Anyone know just how well-fitted they are to the actual interiors of the GL1800 luggage?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought the Deluxe bags. They are well made and loook nice but are not talor made to fit inside the bike. When full, you have to beat the hell out of them to get them into the bike. They have to be packed carefully ie:tall and slim or they won't go in at all.The large bag for the truck is the best of the three. All in all I would suggest not buying them if you can find something cheaper at Target They do work as nice carry on bags when flying though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hopnel bags

I bought and have used the Hopnel bags. They fit the saddlebags very good and are well made. They are constructed of cordura nylon and are lined. The wife and I have used them on several trips and we have no complaints.

We did find however that we don't use the trunk liner because we keep that empty to put our riding jackets in while stopped. Make me a decent offer on the trunk liner and its yours.

Ride safe

·
Registered
816 Posts
Luggage

I picked up the "delux" set and use them when traveling and not on the wing as well. They are a solid construction. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I bought 3 Bags from Walmart for about $12 each. They fit pretty well in the side bags and trunk and are good durable quality. They also have side compartments. The name on the bag tag is Hydrotech and there is a rubber seal on the front that says INGEAR. I do believe in you get what you pay for but I had heard that the Honda bags don't fit perfectly so I bought these and really like them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the 'regular' Honda bags and only use the side bags. They are real nice and do a great job. Like someone said you have to pack the correctly. I would say pack them while they are in the bike that way you can fill all the spaces.
If anyone is looking for a trunk bag, make me an offer. Joy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts