GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

We have recently acquired a 2006 1800 wing that will have a champion trike kit added in 5-6 wks. (In the meantime, we are FULLY enjoying it's current state)

We need to improve our nighttime visibility of the dash area and surrounding ground area (specifically the sides) to safely squeeze through tight spaces without harm.

Not sure if this would resolve anything or not, but we did not plan to get the champion foot boards.

Also, we are aware of the importance of making ourselves more visible to others, but the intent at this time is to make sure we don't hurt our new love.

I've been pursuing various sites with LEDs and lighting add ons but wanted some seaoned advice.e. thanks in advance :popcorn:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can't help you here. But, I'll help send it back ttt

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Guys on the Trike forum might have some suggestions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have my Trike lighted for safety!

I have installed a headlight modulator that STOPS all the people from pulling out in front of you because they don't see you! It really works! I leave my white driving lights on all the time. I have amber lights behind my mirrors. That pretty well takes up the front of my Trike.

I have the lower bumper light bar that goes all the way across. Of course I have all the standard stuff. I have a Wig-Wag braking system. And, I am pulling a Replica car trailer that adds more lights

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We plan to add some nice lights to make us more visible to others, but the current trouble is having a tight squeeze in the driveway and maybe other unfamiliar places in the future.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Your post reminds me that I want to replace the dash lights on my speedometer with LEDs. I'll dig around and see if I come up with a solution and share it with you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts