GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a ballpark asking price for a 2007 GL1800 Comfort, Audio, Nav, with 129K miles. Front and back tires are new and everything works. KBB suggests $10,600 if sold by a dealer with "typical" mileage. I don't know what typical is and I'm trying to sell it myself so there's no category. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!

Wesley from Raymond, MS

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Good luck on the sale! Seems there are a lot of used Wings out there; but they don't sell until the price is ugly (for the seller).

Reactions: mailman01

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think around 6k would be a price that would generate interest. Spring is close and that is the optimal time to sell. I'd move it asap. Wait till into summer and it will be harder to move.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Fyi.
August, 2019 I bought a 2008 with17000 miles, mint condition with about $800 in EXTRAS in Minnesota for $9500. I saw other deals but this is the one I chose.

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's pretty high miles for my liking. I looked at a 2008 with 33,000 last month for about $6,500 but it didn't have comfort or nav, needed a battery and a thorough going through. If it were pristine condition, always garaged, one owner I'd look at it if it were advertised for $7500-$8500. It's already 12 years old, and those miles...

FWIW, a person could get a pretty nice car from 2007 with 129,000 on it for lots less than that KBB. Apples to oranges, I know, but just thought to say that. To price my Ultra Glide I went on Cycletrader and found about 10 bikes with the same miles and averaged their prices to come up with my asking price. I've had 2 real people call, plus the scammer I reported in my other post here.

·
Registered
91 Posts
In june of 2018 I bought my 08 Nav ABS comfort and premium audio. Bike had around $5,000.00 in extras and 52,000 miles. Ipaid $7,800.00 off a New car dealers lot. Good luck with your sale.and if you put all the miles on that bike you already got your moneys worth.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
$6,000 to as high as you are able to get for it.

I saw an average of around $1,000 for year starting 2000. Meaning, if 2005, price would be around $5k. 2006, $6,000, 2007, $7,000 for a base model. Since you have the comfort level plus the 129K miles, although dealers will say it is just broken in at that number (Yea right), I would say around the $6k to $7k range...start high. All will try to talk you down anyways....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a '06 audio comfort nav a few moths ago and have been researching prices for 6 months. I paid 8k for mine with 33k on it. I knew I wanted a '06 to '09 and I've seen the prices range from 6k to 14k. Alot depend on the market where you live, but if it were mine, I'd ask about 6-7k if you are wanting to move it quickly or 8-9k if you can wait. The thing with KBB is they don't take into account milage, I would use facebook marketplace to check the local prices in you area and go from there. just my .02

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a 08 base model with several thousand in bolt on upgrades last month. Mileage was 48,000 and asking price was 8. I paid 72. I been working on it to bring the maintenance up to date for a month now.

Even with your Comfort and Nav I think a shrewd buyer would pass at any listing above 9 for a 12 year old bike. If you have a detailed maintenance history do include that is your listing with any upgrades. The maintenance was one big item missing from my deal. I watched Craigs List for the east coast for 7 or 8 months before I bought this one. Also Quality pictures help a lot when trying to generate interest. Get it out in the sun where it can shine and use a decent camera.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Pricing

Many folks claim that 100,000 is a break over point where the price craters. It is a lot easier to sell a bike that has less than 100K miles especially if it still has factory warranty remaining. I think the price you set should be largely determined by how quickly you want to sell it. If you want to sell it quickly, then I'd ask $5K for it. If you don't mind waiting multiple months to sell, then I'd suggest asking $8K.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I’ve found selling higher mile bikes locally is better than on these national sites. You get more people looking that would never go out of state to buy a bike.
Dan

·
Registered
794 Posts
There are 2 strikes against you at least. The high mileage is the biggest & not having ABS is number 2. With the high miles there are bound to be some miner paint issues at best. So with all of the lower mileage bikes available my sense is that you would do well to get the $5K to $6K for it. While it is true that there are probably many more miles in it, everything is relative. So the lower mileage bikes will sell first. Good Luck :serious: :frown2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts