GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
@JetLag Yupp, installed several months ago-don't really care for the look as some of the HONDA badging shows, and the pegs are slippery and I'm always adjusting my boots to keep em centered on the peg despite the small lip on the peg ends. When something better that suits my fancy I'll use for now. JMHO I'm sure you'll find some like em and some not, such is life with accessories.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lol, I respect KENICHI's review but.....
I like the look, dare I say sleek? Some have modified the pegs, decreasing the angle from 90°. Check previous threads. You be the judge when installed. RIDE SAFE.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I just ordered a set. I am not one to ride all day on highway pegs but these look like I maybe able to stretch my legs on long days. For the 9th year I will be working the Run for the Wall in May. This is over 6500 miles in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
@JetLag Yupp, installed several months ago-don't really care for the look as some of the HONDA badging shows, and the pegs are slippery and I'm always adjusting my boots to keep em centered on the peg despite the small lip on the peg ends. When something better that suits my fancy I'll use for now. JMHO I'm sure you'll find some like em and some not, such is life with accessories.

I agree with what you are saying. I have never had a highway peg that felt so uncertain.

Concerning a mod to change the angle; although very clever, I do not want a bolt on the outside.

I am thinking of notching out the inside curved part of the peg. Then adding a pin to the chassis part which will stop the peg when the edge of the notch hits it. Easy peasy - not. :eek:4:

Any other ideas out there?

·
Registered
375 Posts
... I have never had a highway peg that felt so uncertain. ...
I'm curious what you feel is so uncertain? Is it because they are slick like Kenichi said? Because they are thin (or at least that is what they look like), or ??? These are the pegs I've been looking seriously at because they seem to be the only ones that wouldn't drag, but you and Kenichi have me wondering if I need to rethink that.

·
Love The DCT
12,003 Posts
I'm curious what you feel is so uncertain? Is it because they are slick like Kenichi said? Because they are thin (or at least that is what they look like), or ??? These are the pegs I've been looking seriously at because they seem to be the only ones that wouldn't drag, but you and Kenichi have me wondering if I need to rethink that.
What do you think of the Show Chrome pegs that attach directly to the crash bars?

:doorag:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts

@JackFlack I also have short legs 27 1/2 inseam and have the pegs set back as far as they can go and reach is not where I can get really comfortable, but that may not be an issue for you. I did like these over ones that attach to the tip over's because they put the peg (base) lower than the tip over bar.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think it is mostly that they are slick. I've always had rubber pegs before. That little ledge at the end doesn't feel significant. It feels like you have your feet on ice and could slip off at any time, especially on a bump.

I think if they were angled in more, that it would help. Otherwise, I have the chrome version on my F6b, and they look really good, like they belong there (not so much on the 2018 model - sorry guys :redface:).

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've had the Rivco Aero pegs for about 6,000 miles. Like them very much. Installation was easy. Front/back adjustability is exceptional. Never had a boot slip off and I like the appearance. Only downside was they were missing a couple screws, but sent these immediately.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What do you think of the Show Chrome pegs that attach directly to the crash bars?
:doorag:
I couldn't remember the ones you are talking about and so went looking for them. I couldn't find anything, but remember a set of pegs that you have to cut the cowling around the crash bar for. Are those the ones you were talking about?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think it is mostly that they are slick. I've always had rubber pegs before. That little ledge at the end doesn't feel significant. It feels like you have your feet on ice and could slip off at any time, especially on a bump.

I think if they were angled in more, that it would help. Otherwise, I have the chrome version on my F6b, and they look really good, like they belong there (not so much on the 2018 model - sorry guys :redface:).
This is good info. I'll need to consider more carefully.

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
:flg:I have had the RIVCO pegs for sometime now. I really like them. I bought a pair when they first came out and the POWDER COATING color was a little off. I painted them to match the silver cases. RIVCO makes quality accessories

These are Made in the USA

Reactions: SRoss

·
Registered
504 Posts
I removed the HONDA emblems before install.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have them and like them. I need to push them forward a bit...I'm waiting for my furniture project to remove itself from my motorcycle lift. (Blasphemy!!)
A couple of thoughts;
They really seem like they came from the ST1300, which lends even more credence to the statement, "ST1800."
I've never felt that I would slip off them.
They extend and retract easily.
They have never scraped the ground, even when I drag the stock foot-pegs around a corner.
They cover up the stock Honda logos. Not a deal breaker, just looks odd to me.
I would buy them again. They are certainly a better value than the Honda passenger arm rests. (GRRRR!!!)

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm waiting to see what Kuryakyn does. They're supposed to have chrome and black satin highway pegs towards the end of February.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
@Hairball Thanks, for the pic-looks better without the Chrome Honda in the background 4 sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts