GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
What do you expect, They put the cheapest junk you can find on the GW. They want to make money. Why in the world would they put a cheap 80 dollar battery on a 20,000 bike ??? POS !!!! :twisted:

Had to be the first to criticize that battery. It really is a good, best they have ever put on a wing and I am happy with mine ! I did change it at the five year mark.

Good Stuff Maynard !! 8)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm happy it lasted this long. Quite a few people I ride with have told me that I shoud have replaced it two years ago. I never had a problem with it so I didn't feel the need to replace it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine died after only 2 years but it is an '03 leftover. I just took it to the dealer and he gave me a new one.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
wk4bg8s said:
You did well, mine lasted about 5 weeks... :cry:
You need to turn the key to the off position not just use the kill switch! :lol:

·
Registered
791 Posts
I know I'm on borrowed time, but the battery in my '99 FXDL, bought in October, 1998, still starts the sled. Been stranded before with a dead battery, but this one has always had a battery tender on it when not being ridden. I guess time will tell. Also have a Westco from my former GL1500, bought in 1998 in the garage; always on the charger and still holding a charge.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
The Batteries in the "Wing" do not get sick, they just die and don't care if yo have to walk home or pay a Dealer $200 for a new one with Installation.

I changed my 01' battery out this year as part of preventive maintenance!

When HDL has it's sale, this is a good item to purchase. They arrive "dry" with the electrolyte pack, for when you are ready. Initialize the battery correctly and you are good to go.

Let's see here $72, 5 years, that works out to about $14.40 a year for the battery. Not bad value. Heck, that is cheaper than a a 12 pack of Corona.

Bulldog

·
Registered
412 Posts

2001 66k -- 5 yr 6 months and counting..... never on tender - never a problem -- I may change it before the next long trip.

enjoy the ride,
Royal

·
Registered
601 Posts
I just replaced the battery in my jeep.
it was the original battery that came in it, its a 1998 model..
8 years on the same battery .. I may keep it and mount it on the wall between the 12 point buck head and the 18 pound bass.. 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts