GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I updated to HG.ACM.20.04.08.10.28.00 and since then my CB doesn't appear to work,and while I can make calls, I can't hear anything.

The CB usually has the letters "CB" at the top of my screen along with TX and RX when I transmit or am receiving, however, none of these are showing and the CB doesn't appear to be working. I've tried turning the CB on and off with the CB power button, but to no avail. I've also verified the volume on the CB is turned up.

I have had the phone connected both to the bike and to my SENA 20S headsets. In both cases I can make a call, and I know if someone calls me, but we can't hear each other. The SENA headsets appear to be connecting to the bike and I can hear music, just not phone calls.

Apple Carplay appears to be working correctly with everything except the phone, as described above.

I have re-installed the software update, updated and restarted my phone and updated my SENA headsets, all to the latest software versions.

None of these problems appeared to be present before the update. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks much,

Tony

·
Registered
718 Posts
I really feel like there are more volume controls after the update that didn't exist before the update. I know that I've seen options for like "Phone Volume" and "Smartphone Navi" in the sound settings menu.
There seem to be so many volume controls as to make it so you can't even find them all.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Last week I updated to HG.ACM.20.04.08.10.28.00 and since then my CB doesn't appear to work,and while I can make calls, I can't hear anything.

The CB usually has the letters "CB" at the top of my screen along with TX and RX when I transmit or am receiving, however, none of these are showing and the CB doesn't appear to be working. I've tried turning the CB on and off with the CB power button, but to no avail. I've also verified the volume on the CB is turned up.

I have had the phone connected both to the bike and to my SENA 20S headsets. In both cases I can make a call, and I know if someone calls me, but we can't hear each other. The SENA headsets appear to be connecting to the bike and I can hear music, just not phone calls.

Apple Carplay appears to be working correctly with everything except the phone, as described above.

I have re-installed the software update, updated and restarted my phone and updated my SENA headsets, all to the latest software versions.

None of these problems appeared to be present before the update. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks much,

Tony
The Sena headset has to be paired to the bike...not to the phone..the phone gets paired to the bike..not to the headset

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
@gw.rider Now that you mentioned that....I went out and gathered my hand held CB took it to the wife and back to the GW and turned my CB on and gave it a try. It works as last I used before I downloaded our recent update. No issues with mine. I must add that when I was installing my Heli-Bar risers I discovered that Honda Tech at the dealer pinched a wire to the CB and it would be intermittent connectivity with the CB. Instead of dealing with the dealer shop due to the mess that was made of my accessories installed by them. Anyway I cut and soldered the crimped wires and that resolved that problem. You might take a look at the wiring for the CB and or the fuse. Hope you get it working.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have noticed a few issues as well so I think this last update is "glitchy" as well. I did notice that my volume is better as before I ran my radio on 17-18 volume and now 9-10 is good? I had a lot of issues figuring out the Android thing and it is still not working correctly. My phone wont connect via USB to make it activate but everything bluetooth is working, weird? Dont have a CB so cant help there... good luck.
Oh, there is an additional volume for the phone now and mine was 0 by default

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the tips everyone. As it turns out, I think I had two separate problems.

Regarding the CB, I was checking fuses (apparently #1 and #25 both feed the CB). I didn't find any bad fuses, but when I turned the bike back on, my CB indicators illuminated and when I press transmit I get the TX symbol, so it looks like that's fixed. Not really sure exactly what the cause was, just happy to have it working again.

As for the phone not seeming to work, it was actually working just fine, but the new volume control that came with the update was set to 0. Everything seems to be working now. Again, thanks for all the tips.

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts