GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda claims they "improved" their audio system since my '03 Goldwing.

Is there a notable difference between the improved system and the after market speakers you add yourself??

Cheers!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had a 2005 wing and the sound system was not good at all, upgraded the speakers and still not good. The problem is 01 thru 05 had 4" speakers which are too small to reproduce the bass. These models also do not have a amp.

The 2006 and newer have 6" front speakers plus an amp. My 08' wing sounds great!!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
The 2006 and newer have 6" front speakers plus an amp. My 08' wing sounds great!!!!!
Is the amp on all 2006 models? If so, Where is it located? or was the radio upgrated with an AMP incorporated on it?

Just wondering, cause I was looking into adding an amp on my GL.

Thank You

·
Registered
214 Posts
Is the amp on all 2006 models? If so, Where is it located? or was the radio upgrated with an AMP incorporated on it?

Thank You
I had an 05 and now I have an 08 so I dont know for sure about the 06 but I think it is located somewhere behind the rear fender

·
Registered
326 Posts

Thank You
on my 08 the amp is underneath just in front of the rear tire

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's in the same place on the '06. It's actually behind the rear tire.

·
Mad UK Winger
356 Posts
i have the 06 and the audio was improved slightly by upgrading the rear speakers to run inline with the front, but yes, at full tilt it sounds great :)

6" front and the after market mylar cones in back was the best match i could find.

just my opinion.

good luck

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have an 06 and it was the first year of the new audio system. I run with the system with AMB (ambiance) selected and AVC (Automatic volume Control) on high. It will make your ears bleed at highway speeds.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts