GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect it doesn't exist or I'd have seen it discussed on here, but just in case I'll ask anyway. Does anyone sell an aftermarket "head unit" for the stereo for Gen 1 or 2 1800s, that offer "up to date" features. Things like built-in blue tooth connectivity, Android Auto capability (I recently bought a model with Nav, but it's so bad I don't see changing from using my phone for nav). Speed sensitive volume. Perhaps updated graphics for the display. A unit that plays with the existing buttons/controls and display.

TIA

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
They have always had the speed sensitive volume. Don’t recall right off what it’s called, but I think maybe Auto Volume. It must be turned on since is off by default.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The speed sensitive option will show up as an electronic"button" on the dash once enabled

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
I suspect it doesn't exist or I'd have seen it discussed on here, but just in case I'll ask anyway. Does anyone sell an aftermarket "head unit" for the stereo for Gen 1 or 2 1800s, that offer "up to date" features. Things like built-in blue tooth connectivity, Android Auto capability....
With only ~150,000 total bikes produced, the likelihood of anyone aftermarket making something for this machine is very, very close to zero.

The price they could charge would be astounding if they did.

Sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts