GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed a Mustang seat on my 2006 last summer. I am 5'8" and did so to get feet more firmly on the ground at stop. The Mustang lowered about an inch. Very happy with it as is wife. The only hassle with install was getting the seat bolts lined up. No trouble getting to the battery with Mustang seat on.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Never had a problem getting to the battery with the stock seat on. I can do it on my 2012 and did it on my 2004. The side covers will come off with the seat on. Most after market seats use the same base as the OEM seat.

·
Registered
406 Posts
RDL on my old '04 and on my '12, no issues getting to the battery. I've never heard of a saddle that blocked access to the battery. I suppose that if someone put a '12 - '17 saddle on a '01 - '10, then there could be a problem getting the side cover off due to the different shape of the newer saddle.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
RDL on my old '04 and on my '12, no issues getting to the battery. I've never heard of a saddle that blocked access to the battery. I suppose that if someone put a '12 - '17 saddle on a '01 - '10, then there could be a problem getting the side cover off due to the different shape of the newer saddle.

Sounds like we did the same upgrade. An 2004 for a 2012.

I loved my 04 but couldn't pass up the deal I got.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a slightly customized the cover on a stock seat and it looks like there is enough space for the battery.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a Tom Simmons seat on my 2006. Tom uses your original Honda seat pan so his seat fitment is no different than it was before. I rode my trike to Toms shop and he installed a loaner seat so I got to enjoy some of the excellent roads that Arkansas has to offer for a couple of days. Two days later I was riding back home on my new seat. Never regretted my choice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a Corbin and have no problem taking off the side cover for access to either the accessory panel or battery connections.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have a Mustang on my F6b and could not get either side cover off . I modified the seat (cutting off some of the pan), and can now just barely get the covers off and back on.

As a general practice, it is still easier for me to remove the seat first than to wrestle with the covers without removing the seat. Good thing the seat looks good! :smile2:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts