GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember how the aftermarket luggage racks for the 1500s would eventually crack the plastic lid of the trunk around the holes drilled for it. Then some fancy chromed washers were designed to place under the "legs" of the rack to prevent this problem. My questions is... do the racks for the 1800 have this same problem? I was informed today my '07 Wing was delivered to the dealership. I pick it up tomorrow. WOOHOO! I'd love to add a luggage rack but based on the problems the 1500s were having I might not. I need to here from members here if they are happy with after market luggage racks, and which ones work best.
thanks, Steve

·
Registered
126 Posts
lots of complants about cracking. i personaly put one on a kury rack,i took a 8500 mile trip to alaska and back with 25 plus lbs on the rack with no problem. xx

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Those legs are pretty small footprint so I put the "star washers" under the legs of mine on the 02. Never ahd a problem. Put them under the rack on the 07 also. They're cheap and look good so why take a chance.
Kuryakyn is coming out with some spacers that have a large footprint and lift the rack up about an inch so you can clean under it. They're supposed to be on the shelves in Jan or Feb. Pictures of them are on the web.
DC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts