GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a check-up, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember ..
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure.'
'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it.'
'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment.
'Where's my toast?'

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
We all have a lot to look forward to, getting older. Thanks for the post. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Banned
792 Posts
Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a check-up, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember ..
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure.'
'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it.'
'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment.
'Where's my toast?'
:lol: - :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Well, getting old still beats the alternatives. ;):lol:

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
:agree::agree:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
So he went back in the kitchen and returned with a plate of pancakes in the shape of a...

(wait of it)

Motorcycle!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Studies show that as we begin to get older there are 3 things that begin to fail. The first is our memory......................................................I don't remember the other two.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Studies show that as we begin to get older there are 3 things that begin to fail. The first is our memory......................................................I don't remember the other two.
The second was the desire to go fast. ;):lol:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Kind of scarey where we are ALL headed.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's only a state of mind and where you position yourself. For me I'll just position myself a little closer to the toilet so I don't pee on my feet :lol:

·
Registered
776 Posts
When my wife will be talking, she will stop and then she'll say, "I forgot what I was going to say.".

I tell her...

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it!"

Now she is saying that to me when I do that.

;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's slightly different over here.
My wife is 16 years younger than I am.
She'll start complaining about her aches or pains or whatever
is bothering her at the time.
I reply, "Boy, I'm glad I'm not that old."
Her: "Oh shut up!"
And that's the end of her complaining. :lol::lol::lol:

·