GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the first ride of the season! Did mine today after one of the coldest winters I can remember here in southern New England. This morning, finished putting the '02 back together after completing valve lash check, change of brake / clutch fluids, spark plugs, antifreeze, oil & filter, rear drive oil etc. All started last Nov. She fired right up and away we went. Short ride due to still too cool for me temps but it was great to begin another riding season!

·
Registered
532 Posts
ride today

Has been a tuff winter here in Rhode Island especially for us that work outside. Heading down to fairhaven to help Wingnut put his tripletree from buckskin in. Mine will be next week when my forks get here. ITS time to ride

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I remember my first ride of the year, it was Jan. 1st, or 2nd!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I got my first ride of the season in yesterday. I rode the coast from Hampton Beach, NH up to the Maine Diner in Wells, Maine. Traffic was very light and non existent in the best sections. Temperature didn't get above 41 with a stiff ocean breeze, but I was comfortably warm in the Gerbings heated jacket and gloves. There were many places I could have stopped to take pictures, but I was enjoying the ride too much to stop.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Roads are still a mess here in upstate NY. We need some more rain to wash the roads down, PLUS this is one of the worst pothole seasons I've seen in a long time. They are all over the place. The patching crews need to get out in force!

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
It was 26 degrees F here in Troy, MI this morning, but heading to the upper 50's this afternoon. The latest rain has washed the salt dust away and most of the potholes have been filled.

I'm looking forward to a couple of hours riding this afternoon. I've not been on the bike since Nov. 4th when my buddy and I rode back from the Dallas IBA memorial party. 1232 miles and still waiting for the SS1000 cert.

gramps

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Spring

It won't be long until we will all be on the roads in this beautiful country. The first one every year is always special. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts