·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hey, I want one of those on my bike!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Apparently D250s aren't made for the rear of GL1800s.
With a few plugs a little rubber cement and some gorrila tape I think it could go a few more miles.:shrug:

·
Registered
655 Posts
With a few plugs a little rubber cement and some gorrila tape I think it could go a few more miles.:shrug:
Duct tape dangit

·
Registered
870 Posts
Not a fair example..?

Someone runs it down to the cords, doesn't bend over to check it almost never, and then wonders why it failed...?

If anyone runs a car tire to the extreme edge of usefulness it too will fail...

How many miles on that failed tire..?

Load conditions, use, pressures, maintenance all play into tire longevity...

I am riding a CT on my bike for my reasons ...but I still check the pressures and look it over for posible damages...

Just my 2 ¢ :cool:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
From the picture provided, it is hard to see if that tire was "past due" for replacement or is one of those scary failed MTs that from all outward appearances was okay and then suddenly it wasn't.

We've certainly seen our share of abused CTs that have come apart. Any more "back story" on that pictured moto tire?

Apparently D250s aren't made for the rear of GL1800s.

·
Registered
92 Posts
From the picture provided, it is hard to see if that tire was "past due" for replacement or is one of those scary failed MTs that from all outward appearances was okay and then suddenly it wasn't.

We've certainly seen our share of abused CTs that have come apart. Any more "back story" on that pictured moto tire?
Never blew out. Held pressure.

See thread on it here:

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296837

1 - 18 of 18 Posts