GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many here wear air boots when riding ?

i bought my first pair last June and wow they are great !

my only complaint is when it rains i need to put on boot covers to keep my feet dry, kind of a hassel but otherwise i love the air boots :thumbup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I do. I have Sidi Slash Boots. These are ankle style and they zip on the inner side, that make it easy to put on. And a velcro flap.Really great boot
I only have one problem, they are small. I gotta get rid of them. I normally wear size 11, these are size 10 & 1/2. Even my wife got on me yesterday, to get rid of them. They hurt like a S.O.B. ater a while.
I will buy another pair, the right size.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Can you show us a pic or give a website?

·
Registered
848 Posts
What's an "Air Boot"?

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's an "Air Boot"?
well here is a link to the boots i happen to wear
http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php/bmw-airflow-boots-bmw-women-72607689-134-143-348-350-p-657
i bought them at a dealer in New Mexico while we were on a trip, with tax i paid $195 and they shipped my old boots home for free :thumbup:

the cooling effect from the vented boots is amazing ! i should have bought them a long time ago, i highly recomend them for anyone that suffers from hot feet , the dealer let me take them for a test ride and i was sold before i even got one block !
i normally wear size 12 Redwings, these BMW boots are size 48 and fit great, i also have a pair of Oxstar boots size 48 that fit great but they are waterproof so they don't breath very well so i don't wear them much :thumbup:

there are lots of other outfits making vented boots but these BMW boots are the only ones i have any experience with

here are a bunch of other vented boots
http://www.revzilla.com/vented-summer-motorcycle-boots

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
well here is a link to the boots i happen to wear
http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php/bmw-airflow-boots-bmw-women-72607689-134-143-348-350-p-657
i bought them at a dealer in New Mexico while we were on a trip, with tax i paid $195 and they shipped my old boots home for free :thumbup:
Same boots that I wear. I love them! The air flow through them is great in the Summer time. I bought mine from a Board Member who ordered the wrong size and I got them for a good price. When these wear out, I will probably get another pair.

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Pretty nice looking too. I had never heard of them before.
yup never heard of them, i think thats the biggest reason a lot more folks aren't wearing them, i knew about them for quite awhile but never actually saw them at a dealer untill last June, i kinda got lucky because they happened to have them on sale when we were there :thumbup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sidi Slash Boots

Here are the Sidi Slash Boots I wear. I just ordered the correct size

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm pretty sure Sidi makes these for BMW. I've been using them for 3 years - during hot weather. VERY comfortable. I carry rain overboots and all raingear with me all the time. They are also THE most comfortable MC boots to walk in I ever owned. Putting the rainboots on is a VERY small price to pay for so much comfort. Got mine for 120 bucks from a BMW dealer. Our local BMW dealer discounts stuff all the time. I got an awesome Olympia mesh jacket with a rain liner AND separate thermal liner for 70% off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts