GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...got my 5000 BTu air conditioner for the camper. Since my Travelite Camper is a 1984 model and small I didn't have a lot of space to add an air conditoner.

I decided I would see about somehow mounting it in the door. Haven't figured out the hinge part yet so I basically just set it in the doorway (just enough clearance with about 1/4" on each side). Tilted it back and put a 5 gallon bucket under the back of the air conditioner for support...closed everything up and turned it on.

I haven't tried to seal around the air conditioner yet but it's 93 degrees outside and the temperature inside the camper is 78 degrees. Is that temperature about what to expect from this setup. I will seal it up better and put a better stand under it but I wanted to see if it was going to work first.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Your getting a 15 degree drop which sounds decent as most will do maximum of 20 degrees. But in reality without knowing the demensions of the trailer inside, the insulation value of the walls doors and windows and roof, you couldn't really tell if it is maximized for the 5000 btu window shaker you have.

In laymans terms, its working fine. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts