GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an air deflecter made that will move warm radiator air in toward the rider in the winter, then move the hot air out in the summer? This may have been covered, but I have missed it if it has.
TIA, Bill

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
The best deflector at moving the hot air away is the Showchrome lower deflectors. They cover more of the radiator outlet than any of the others.

Been There, Done That! I stayed with the Showchrome/Big Bike brand. The Baker's weren't coming close to getting rid of the heat. The BB gets rid of most of it. At least my legs from my boot tops to my knees aren't getting red hot any longer!

Can't help you with getting the hot air to you. That's not something we worry about down here!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Baker air wings on my bike and used then to do just what you want them to do today. You just turn the very bottom wing out to straighten it toward the back of the bike about 1 to 1 1/2 inches and it will direct the heat toward your legs. They work great.

Don

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
The problem with the Baker's is that they are too short. They don't cover the length of the radiator outlet, so they can't deflect everything. They are a couple of inches too short.

If they are too short you can adjust them until the cows come home, they still won't work to deflect the heat coming out of the radiators! :(

BD...I had a set of the Baker's and they wouldn't do the job of deflecting the heat! So There! LOL....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts