GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
The uppers from Show Chrome and Baker work the best at this time. As far as lowers go Show Chrome does not interfere with your legs when using highway pegs. All should be ridden closed except in cold weather when opening them may divert some air from the radiator to your legs.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
All should be ridden closed except in cold weather when opening them may divert some air from the radiator to your legs.
You're wrong there. When it is hot, opening them brings air into the rider to provide some cooling.

Back to the OP's question; I have the Baker's with lowers. I might get rid of the lowers if I can find some highway pegs I like. I need the pegs more than the lowers.

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
I only use the Honda OEM uppers. The lowers for me detract from the looks. I use the uppers to direct a little more air flow. Heat is the issue where I ride---- not the cold.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I picked these up at Wing Ding 41 and so far have been pretty impressed with them. They are Kuryakyn Adjustable Lower Air Deflectors, part # 6579. Other than at the show I haven't been able to find any info about them. I was talking with a Kury rep there and he told me they were pre-released for Wing Ding. There will also be upper air deflectors to match. I installed them in the parking lot at the show and rode home with them installed.

I had the Honda ones previously and didn't care for them much especially with the Rivco Aero-Pegs installed. My calves hit the air deflectors with my feet on the pegs.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did the show chrome uppers about 2 weeks ago, as the wife was complaining about buffeting around her head/shoulders. We did long weekend trip and at highway speeds i pulled them open and closed. She said there was a big difference in how much air was directed away from her. I will probably do the the lowers next. I’m very happy that they flow well with the look of the bike- still sporty.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I did the show chrome uppers about 2 weeks ago, as the wife was complaining about buffeting around her head/shoulders. We did long weekend trip and at highway speeds i pulled them open and closed. She said there was a big difference in how much air was directed away from her. I will probably do the the lowers next. I’m very happy that they flow well with the look of the bike- still sporty.
bought the same for the same reason. glad to hear they help.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
The Show Chrome uppers work very well, open they pull in a lot of air. They can be set to part open or closed depending on the conditions.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I think the Honda OEM Upper Wind Deflectors work quite well!

Reactions: INTHEWIND
1 - 11 of 11 Posts