GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with V & P Air Deflectors? How well do they work?
I was getting ready to install Baker air deflectors but I like how the V & P attach. They use the existing Fairing holes much like the Honda & Big Bike Deflectors, yet they also pivot.
The Baker Deflectors look much like they are 1500 Deflectors with adaptor brackets.

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
Those have been out for awhile and I have yet to see anyone with them, so I doubt they sell very well.

They are very similar to the Show Chrome ones that were out back when the GL1800 was introduced. My dealer talked me into buying them, saying they worked great. Although they did help, it was very little, and I was dissapointed.. Once I got the Bakers it was a world of difference. I personally wouldn't bother with the VP deflectors based on my experience with the Show Chrome version.

By the way, all three of the Baker Wings, the uppers, lowers, and mirror wings do pivot. It is one of their best features. They really bring in cool air on a hot day. They may not look as sleek as I would like, but I will take function over show any day.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I tried some before I got the Baker's. Don't waste your money. They would not fit as advertised. Just plain poor design. I tried a number of modifications but finally gave up. Baker's are the clear choice. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am looking at baker wind deflectors. A friend told me that at one time they were having problems with the mirror deflectors cracking when you tried to adjust them. Has anyone heard of this problem ? If this is true has the problem been corrected? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
gman10 said:
I am looking at baker wind deflectors. A friend told me that at one time they were having problems with the mirror deflectors cracking when you tried to adjust them. Has anyone heard of this problem ? If this is true has the problem been corrected? Please let me know. Thanks
Anytime anything breaks, the person that it happens to thinks it is a common problem. I have not heard of any complaints of the baker wings cracking. I adjust mine constantly and in four years have had no issues whatsoever. They are a good product from a good company. They don't do much for the looks of the bike but are about as functional a product as you can buy.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I had Bakers installed at the Wing Ding this year and "Love" them. The mirror wings do a good job of Deflecting air on hands and Lowers are good for Directing warm air to lower Torso. One of my Better accessory buys! No cracking so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts