GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 40K this time. Did 25K last time.

Live in the city. Pretty much 100% non-dusty roads.

Not really too dirty. Last 2 pics show old and new held up to the light. Definitely more dirt on the old but plenty of light and therefore air still getting through on the old one.

Probably go to 50K next time.

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,096 Posts
Congratulations on completing the toughest regular maintenance item! Connectors! Cables! Fasteners! Trim Pieces! Audio components! Fun, fun, fun!

David

Reactions: 2WheelNut

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
My filter was loaded with M&M's (30,000 mile change) .............Where the M&M's came from is beyond me, no one in my home eats candy, and I've never even seen a mouse or rodent in my garage ?? So I'm now looking for a mouse with cavities from eating M&M's candies...........

Ronnie

·
Registered
362 Posts
I changed a guys Prius filter and it was packed with those miniature Ritz crackers with cheese between them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Mine at 38k. Nearly all my riding is out of the city.

Reactions: biglefti

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
My filter always looks worse than that and I change mine at 25,000? Wish you Texas guys would quit sends your air pollution up this way, :wink2:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Mine on the prior owned ST1300 when I got it home. The little rodents must have gotten into the former owner's garage insulation over winter storage season. Fiberglass is a good filter media apparently, as it didn't run any better/different with the new filter.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts