GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just finished my first air filter change on my 06. I am not a mechanic and felt pretty intimidated when I finally got to the filter. I was concerned that I would never get everything back to working order but thanks toFred's DVDs, it went without a hitch except for some of the connectors being a little different. That more that paid for the DVDs. Now on to the clutch and brake fluid changes. Thanks Fred. :lol:

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Chuck!

You must have really put the miles on to need a new filter already and also to be needing brake fluid swap in clutch and brakes already! You da man!

prs

S

·
0 Posts
Mine was so blocked I was starting to notice some performace issues. I am going to replace before spring but at this point only cleaned it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've had a new filter riding around in the trunk for two weeks. I'm definatly intimidated, having never taken the top shelter off myself. Thinking about doing it tommorow since I'm off for a couple days. If I'm going through all of the trouble just to get to the filter, I'm darn sure going to change it.
Is there anything else I need to check out (or change out) since I have it torn down that far?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I know the feeling of intimidation, mine hung in my shop for about a month. I just took my time, took it apart one day and got the filter in then next day I put it back together. Not really a hard job, just take your time and remember what goes where. I guarantee the next one will be easier. I also gave mine a good cleaning while the top was off.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Chuck it will look something like this when you get the top off and before you clean it, providing it is as dirty as mine. Never fear, forge ahead, mine is back well and running great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts