GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
16,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As always, to anyone who knows what is wrong here, once again JustWings is giving away new mid-engine 2020 Corvettes. Other than Pigeon, I'm guessing everyone else wants theirs to be a manual shift. Opps ... they only come with a 8-speed DTC.

Attachments

·
Vendor
16,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Do I win its upside down >:) :thumbup:
You're correct. It is upside down. The edge lengths on each side at the bottom of the filter makes it a "only fits in one way" air filter.

However, I'm so sorry. This time I only had 5 new Corvettes to give away, and people who follow my JustWings FB page won them all.

https://www.facebook.com/goldwingrgreg/

·
Registered
239 Posts
Am curious as to what the owner's chief complaint might have been?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Do you suppose it could have been intentional? It baffles me that somebody could know how to get to/R&R the AF yet make such a major mistake like this. Then again, I guess the 'mechanic' didn't really know how, did he?

Looks like a real amateur's mistake, made at the end of a long few hours trying to get to the filter, after mental fatigue set in.

Just amazing. Thanks for posting.

·
IronMan
17,136 Posts
Hey now. When one side is all dirty and such; don't you just flip it over so the clean side can now catch all the dirt?
>:)
WORKS WITH MY UNDERWARE SHOULD WORK WITH AIR FILTER !:surprise::laugh:

·
Vendor
16,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey now. When one side is all dirty and such; don't you just flip it over so the clean side can now catch all the dirt?
>:)
That's an excellent idea, and a good way to double the miles one can get out of an air filter. So what I did was replace the air filter and installed it the correct way. That way the owner can take it back to whoever flips them upside down, and have this one flipped over again too :)

·
Vendor
16,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Am curious as to what the owner's chief complaint might have been?
Chief complaint ... nothing air filter related. He is complaining about a leaking right fork, and squeal noise from the back of the engine area once the engine reaches operating temperature. He was also requesting a 96k service. The upside down air filter was discovered while doing the service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts