GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of mileage are peolpe getting out of the air cleaner on the 1800?i understand changing the filter takes alot of time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Unless you drive on a lot of dirt roads, you should be able to go 40-50k before you need to change it. I changed my first one at 12k per the service interval and it was still very clean. I changed the next one after it had 24k on it and it was still very clean. I am going to change the next one when it has 50k on it.

·
Vendor
22,239 Posts
IN MY OPINION:

I wouldn't try to go 40-50k miles on an air filter. I think that is way too long.

I have been doing mine at about 12k-15K miles, but admittadley, I am a bit anal when it comes to maintenance. You could probably safely stretch it to 20K, but I wouldn't go any longer.

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
I have changed the air filter twice, first filter had 36000 the next had 41000 and I put quite a few miles on dirt roads. Don't know why but the filters both look as clean or cleaner than Dale C's with only 24000. My current plan is to have the next filter change at the dealler this fall along with the ECM.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Mine was just a bit cleaner than Dale's. This was at 17,000 miles. I can't see leaving one in for 40,000 or 50,000 miles. Seeing what mine looked like at 17,000, I'll go no longer than 25,000 between changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts