GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably an old subject but I have 5 gauges. Digital, Accugauge, Geta gauge, and two with lifetime guarantee.

each one shows a different pressure that varies from 5 to 10 punds. Has anyone found a solution?? over $200 worth of gauges and don't know if any of them work correctly. I am open to sugestions.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Take the average of all 5 then pick the one that is closest to it and use that one.

·
Vendor
21,871 Posts
I have one of these air gauges in each vehicle and on both motorcycles and they all read the same pressure...the simpler, the better for me!:popcorn:

Gages that rely on springs and mechanical movements are notoriously inaccurate. I find the most accurate gages are the digital ones. Even the cheap digital gages read more consistent and accurate than the expensive mechanical ones. AccuTire make some nice digital ones for around $5 - $10 that are very accurate.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I check my gauges against a know standard. I use r- 12 as the standard. I have a partial jug of r-12 and at 70 degrees the pressure of the R-12 is 70.2 lbs. at 60 degrees the pressure of r-12 is 57 Lbs. The pressure tempature correlations comes from a PT chart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts