GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running 40 PSI on my stock Dunlop 250 tires but thanks to a huge screw in the rear tire, I'm replacing my tires with Bridgestones.

Should I run the same pressures on the new stones or something else?

I hope I like these new tires. After researching, I decided to get these over the E3 and the rest.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow, I just put on a new set of stones for the first time, they are great, they stick like glue. I was told to run them at 41 front and 40 rear?? I have to tell you though I check them weekly and they always need adjustment back up in pressure. It is fall and getting cooler, that must be why?? Greg

·
Registered
750 Posts
My 02 came with stones and I've had good service. This being my first ever Gold Wing, I followed the service manual pressures for about the first 5000. On the set on the bike I've run 43.5-44psi in both and check em before every ride. Just ordered a new set. These have a bit over 22,000 miles on them and there is VERY little cupping on the front and they just hit the wear bars.

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
look at the tire side and run the recommended air pressure

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,533 Posts
I also run 38psi in the front and 41psi in the rear. I have tried running 41psi in the front tire and didn't see no advantage to running it that high. The bike seems to rides a little better with the front at 38psi.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

The Bridgestone website indicates both front and rear tires have a maximum inflation pressure of 41 PSI.

The friendly UPS guy has a set on his truck for me today.

I think I'll go 41/41 and see what kind of life I get out of them.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
WOW! See if you can get a picture of that UPS truck with the Bridgestone Wing tires on it. That's gotta look strange. :a13:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had 4 sets of Dunlops over the years and thought I would probably never run anything else. Put a set of stones on about 5000 miles ago and they are the best ever. 40F/41R

·
Registered
543 Posts
Red said:
I've had great luck on a few sets of Stones setting them at 38f & 41r.
hey red........

do you use the 709/704 stones like the ones Hal has or do you use any other series that i see mentioned on occasion??

and do you know if the stones are hiding under rocks like all dunlops have lately.... my next set will be stones and i want to get my order in soon enuf so i dont get caught with no tread 8)

i still have decent tread left on my e-3's but im not happy with them when things get wet

·
Registered
461 Posts
I run 41/41 and have for a few years with the Bridgestones, I now have almost 18,000 miles on the front, unfortunately I have cut one back with a piece of glass and a nail punctured the next, so have the third one on the back since I put the front one on. I have already bought a new one for the front (stored) but this one just keeps going and going.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Pitre,

While at Wing Ding in Nashville this year, I talked with the Bridgestone rep, and he said they reccommend 39 front and rear, to allow for the heating of the tires.

Right now I have the stock 250 'lops on the bike, running 41 F&R. I have a set of 709 and 704's and I will try the 39 F&R when it comes time to replace them.

Mike

·
Registered
650 Posts
That's strange that they would recommend a different pressure than is stated on the tire. The pressure is supposed to be COLD PSI. I normally check mine cold and fill to the max pressure, or maybe down 1 lb.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I would imagine that the max pressures on a bike tire are like the max pressures for any other tire. They are the recommended pressures for a fully loaded bike. ie, trunk, bags, rider, passenger, and maybe a trailer.
You can run less pressure for day and commuter riding. That's my thinking on this anyway.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have had Stones on the whole time...on my 3rd set, I think . I have an 01 with 53k on it and the tires now have almost 20k and I keep them at 41psi..front and back...I am going to put a new set on this weekend......they work for me...thats all that counts.....

bruce aka 'the blue traweler'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts