GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that there are a lot of differences in psi. I have a Toyo Proxxes 4 non run flat. I have been running 45 psi. My question: Is everyone running this much in a nrf or am I setting myself up for early tire wear? I know on my VTX if I have less than 45 or 47 I get a high speed wobble. You never know when we may twist it up above 90 and I don't want a wobble in my lazy boy!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
It is all about your seat of the pants feel. If you are happy with the ride, handling and feel of the tire, who cares about what others run. If anyone has used it is another question.

Bottom line, it is your bottom. Don't worry about wear, numbers, or anything else. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I run higher than "normal" pressure in my tire too. The center is wearing a little quicker than the edges, but I like the way it works where it is. I also am on the positive side on the mileage above the MT's, along with grip, ride, and so forth.

Enjoy your ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am already above the mileage of a mc tire so no biggie. I was just wondering what everyone else was running. I put the same tire on my best friends wing the other day and mine with 7000 miles on it had 1/32 less than the new one so I'm pleased with it so far.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Neo, I have run 4 different NRFs. First was a Falken that I kept at 44-45psi most of the time. I wore the center out first. Second was Hankook which I run at 42-44psi for the most part and wore the center out first. Now I run different pressure for what I am doing. With the Sunny, normal riding 41psi (this works fine for the twisty roads in N. AL). If I travel on the slab to places line Tn, N. C. I run 38psi on the slab, and 44psi in the twisties. I have a little less than 4000 miles on the tire so time will tell!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I figured I was close to everyone else and was just curious.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
For the most part we are here to share information. Sometimes I think we get into a one size all attitude, but everyone's needs and riding styles are different. Run what works for you!:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts