GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
I didnt have time to look at your link, but if they are the ones that you send your seat to Air Rider, and they install them, then yes, I have experience.

When I had my 1500, I hated the factory seat, so I had Air Rider install the air/jell seat in the drivers section only, as mommy loved the back seat the way it was.

If I remember correctly, it cost me around 200.00 plus shipping (Its been 3 years). Was not worth it. I was still uncomfortable, and adjusting the seat made absolutely no difference. I ended up springing for a Diamond seat, and sold the factory one with the air cushion.

Just my experience.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I do not have the gel/air seat...but from previous posts the gel in the seat gets very hot when sitting in the sun....:22yikes:

Mark

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I've been useing an Airider seat cusion for about a year.They work as advertised. In the summer, altho it's black it does not absorb heat, and it is the most comfortable seat I have ever had on a Wing. It actually is cooler than the stockseat.
The jel is not next to you, they have a layer of open cel foam on the top of the seat.
Mick

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Do yourself a favor and try the Ultimate cushion from Walmart for about $20.00. They have been discussed on this board and get very favorable reviews(including mine). Usually found in super Wamarts auto section. Waffle shaped on one side and flat rubber on the other. Sit on the waffle side.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have the Airhawk. I got it from Direct Line. conciderably cheaper than what you are looking at but still sorta expensive. It is the best thing I have found in an aircushion.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
:agree: AirHawk. Works great, you can take it off if you are not riding long distances. Great product.:bow:

·
Registered
89 Posts
We had a full set on our 1500, air only as the GEL wasn't available then. You do have some adjustability on the fly. You can start with full inflation and let air out if you need to going down the road. As you change elevation the set will change as well which might not be what you want. We used this seat for several years but eventually ended up with a Corbin which was great.

·
Registered
298 Posts
wonderful seat option

Anyone here on the board have any experience with these seat cushions. I'm thinking about trying a set.

http://www.airrider.com/store/category.php?cat=15
I was searching around last year after I bought my 05 and was very unhappy with the seat and windscreen height. I almost bought a new windscreen as well as a new seat. However, I didn't have the money and was down to "budget" options like the Walmart seat pad. I decided to try something I said I'd never do and order a fleece seat cover from Alaska Leather.

WOW! :eek:and I can't say that emphatically enough. This thing is great. Cool in the 95degree summer sun. Warm in the winter. It solved my seat height problem because it lifted me up about 1.5 inches. I wanted to look over the windscreen. And the best part is that it is on sale for less than $100. Now don't get me wrong because $100 is a lot of money to me, but I was looking at replacing both the seat and the windscreen so this turned out to be a tremendous cost savings and it is super comfortable and my wife loves it!:thumbup:

I ordered mine last year at mid summer. I checked back this spring and was surprised to find that the full sized fleece was still on sale so I ordered another "Full Pelt - Sheared" for a friend, still the sale price @ $74.95 plus tax and shipping. Click here for the link but you will have to scroll down and read the left margin for the sale price.

I love this thing and these people are really really quick. I strongly recommend trying these fleece "butt pads" because they are fantastic.;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
An "Airhawk" seat here and love it. You can add or subtract air to suit it to your butt comfort. As mentioned above it is still expensive but not as expensive as the airrider, and you can remove it when parked if you wish.

Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts