GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my hands on a used set of baker air wings and I’m missing a few pieces. I’m missing the two white spacers and also the screws that keep the brackets together. I’m was just wondering if anyone as used spacers without the lip on them and the screws I’m sure I can just go to my local hardware store. If I have to order original spacers then I will. Also does anyone have a link for the template. Thanks

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I don't have the spacers and screws, however I did get the parts at a local hardware store. the screws are plastic, but I just used some small bolts they worked fine. As for the template link. I don't have one, however if you pm me an email address I'll send you a PDF of the template that I have.

·
Registered
764 Posts
There are white washers that the wings use to pivot on and there are white spacers that go on the mounting bolts to keep from crushing down on the OEM trim pieces. The spacers can be made from most any material so a trip to the hardware store might be fruitful. Mine did not have a lip; just a cylindrical bushing.

Not sure what you mean by "screws that keep the brackets together." Below is link to diagram and instructions.

https://bakerbuiltairwings.com/pdf/1800 Air Wing.pdf

One more thing. Baker sends a spade drill bit made for wood and with the template you are supposed to be able to drill the holes in the trim without removing it from the bike. Well different brand spade bits have different lengths of center point. Using the Baker provided one I still had to remove the trim as the point bottomed out on the OEM screw heads before going completely thru the plastic. No biggie just don't be surprised.

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
I just got my hands on a used set of baker air wings and I’m missing a few pieces. I’m missing the two white spacers and also the screws that keep the brackets together. I’m was just wondering if anyone as used spacers without the lip on them and the screws I’m sure I can just go to my local hardware store. If I have to order original spacers then I will. Also does anyone have a link for the template. Thanks
Use the link Andy provided. Compared to all other accessories companies, Baker Wings does a better job than anyone when it comes to supporting their products, and selling various hardware peices that their customers might need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts