GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there installed the Air Wings with lowers air deflectors? If so how do you like it? After looking at the install directions, it looks like the holes that are drilled line up with the holes that are originally occupied by the screws directly under the trim pieces. Is that right?

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
You are correct. Those two holes take the place of the screws already there. Once you drill the holes in the faring strips you are stuck with them. New strips are the only fix. I have been happy with mine for the last 2 years. I now have the full set, Mirror wings, upper and lower, leg and foot warmers. I took the foot warmers off a couple of months ago when it warmed up down here but they worked really good for keeping my feet warm. I use the upper ones turned out now for cooling air and leave the lower shut to keep out the hot air from the radiators.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The LEG vents re-direct the HOT air form the engine out away from your legs during the hot summer rides.

I would not want to ride my wing without the side air wings, they are a GREAT creature comfort item, and you will really be glad if you install them.

Foot wings arwe warm in cool weather, and also do a pretty good job of directing water away from your feet in a mild rain.

So, FYI. I like them all, - But keep the side two portions on year-round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts